Chapter 15

Noelle curled up in bed with a plush Chris had bought her while they had dated in high school. It sat on her shelf until she came home from their date, missing him. It was a pink bunny. She had been 15 and he had been 16. It was a rather nice time in her life, despite the petty arguments they had here and there. He was in town for a few more weeks, she hoped she would get to see him again.

Shortly after Noelle's date with Chris, Felix had called up her to let her know that he knew she had spoken to Hyunjin. At first, she tried to deny it, not wanting him to know. But there was no reason for Hyunjin to lie, and she didn't want to seem like she was accusing him of doing it. Thankfully, Felix had appreciated her help and wasn't upset and they could get past it. They had a long, meaningful conversation that left them with more clarity and understanding of each other. 

"Soooo how did your date go?" Felix had teased while they were calling over that weekend. He and Hyunjin made up so he was curious about what happened with Chris.

"Amazing! Man, I wish we were together again, he's such a genuine person." Noelle sighed, burying her face into the plush as if hiding would make all her problems go away. 

"Hmm, I bet. Did you kiss?"

"Mmm yeah, his cheek was so tasty."

"Pfft, only cheek?"

"That's all the action I'm getting, get over it. And how was Hyunjin?"

"We talked it out, and honestly, I think we're really good now. It was our first fight and while I'm not happy the way it unravelled, it helped us understand each other more and set boundaries." Felix said wistfully, smiling as he thought of his boyfriend. 

"I'm glad it worked out for you, you deserved to be happy." Noelle meant it, but her heart pinched as she said it. And the person she wanted to crawl to was Chris. She wished she could've fallen for anyone else, might've hurt less. 

"Thanks, Noi. I appreciate that."

It hurt, but maybe it was hurting less every day. Or at least that's what she hoped. She never really felt lonely, knowing she had her friends. But deep down, she still had the pathetic desire to be loved. It sucked when the heart wanted Felix. Once Chris left, she knew she would be alone once more.

Felix coughed. "So, how about that double date?" 

"With Chris?"

"Of course."

"Don't understand your persistence but I'll ask."

"Yayyyy, you're the best."

"Mhm, whatever you say."

Later that week, the results of their exams and assignments were released the quickest they had ever been. Noelle achieved an A for social science, B for English and history, and then C for the rest of her subjects. Well, it was a passing mark. And somehow she wasn't surprised about her result in biology and chemistry. Why she chose science when it was the bane of her existence was beyond her. To make matters debatably worse, she had been let off by her Diner. She didn't like working there anyway, but now she couldn't blow money on what she wanted.

Felix's results were looking better than hers. He had received an A in chemistry, music and hospitality, and C for the rest. It was better than he expected so he was satisfied. He was proud he did well in his best subjects. Music and hospitality were his strong suit. Many other students were disappointed, some were proud, and most of all, they were glad it was over for a while.

~

"Are we starting that band or not? I've been thinking about names all weekend." Jisung piped up as their group gathered in music. Changbin was joining them once more and frequently made an effort to do to them. Jisung was rather fond of him, just as he was of Chris who he had always been waiting to meet again. They were acquainted while Noelle was dating him before he graduated.