Chapter 6

Throughout the rest of the week, each class consisted of revision sheets and hour-long lectures on what may be in the exams. Some classes were hand-in assignments and so their teachers gave them time in class to work on them. Felix was most excited about his art project which he had made progress on. It made great conversation with Hyunjin while they worked on their piece of art.

Noelle had her notes in check for biology and was most confident in that subject. It was a pity that her undecided career path would most likely not have a use for biology. English was her strong suit but studying for that was a nightmare for memorisation. Frankly, she has no clear direction and was going to wing it. She wished she had her life in order like Felix, she envied him.

While they were in chemistry next, Noelle kept her head up and tried to soak in what the teacher was saying. As usual, it went in one ear and out the other. When they were given yet another revision sheet, Felix nudged her with his elbow.

"What is it?"

"I keep forgetting but I got you something," Felix whispered, reaching down for his backpack. He came back up with a wrapped rectangular box.

"A present? What's the occasion, are you dying?" Noelle sent him a puzzled stare as she accepted the box from him. Suddenly she was suspicious there was bad news to come.

"Can't I get my pal a gift?"

"I mean, yeah, but why is it wrapped?"

"I just felt like it-"

"Felix and Noelle! Your peers around you are trying to focus. If you don't want to take your studying seriously, that's on you. But do not wreck it for others." Ms Cole scolded from the front of the class. Students around them turned to glance at them but they were immune to the embarrassment. They had gotten used to it and humility wasn't an option.

Though as Hyunjin locked eyes with Felix and giggled into his hand, he was more than flustered. Noelle noticed the interaction and ignored it stuffing the box in her bag before Cole came over and confiscated it. She felt spiteful being glad that Hyunjin sat up at the front. He was friendly and she wouldn't mind speaking to him but she was afraid Felix would ignore her if he was next to him. No, she didn't truly believe that, rather that was what she feared.

"I think I'm gonna ask him out," Felix whispered into her ear not even a minute later. Thankfully, Ms Cole was focused on her incessant typing on her laptop. After giving it much thought, he decided he was going to make a move on Hyunjin on Friday before they were warped by exams.

"Really? Good luck, bro," Noelle replied with as much sincerity as she could muster. She started scribbling down her answers faster, even if she knew they were completely wrong. If she was anything but supportive, he'd be suspicious.

"Yeah... I better do it soon. Now or never, you know? Surely someone would wanna sweep him off his feet."

"That's true, but you know if he liked you, he would refuse anyone else."

"Good point. I'm not taking chances though. I'll ask after school," Felix forgot to whisper and attracted the attention of Ms Cole once more who gave him a stern glare. He dropped his head low and avoided eye contact.

She nodded. "You know what they say. You regret what you didn't do more than what you did do."

Wise words, Noelle.

~

"Bro, I'm going insane. I think I may have a thing for Felix." Noelle admitted abruptly to Jeongin while they lounged in their school library after lunch.

They were to work on their social studies assignment and given time to progress in the library. They opted for laptops instead of computers so they could sit away from other people. Jisung was out on an errand for the librarian and taking much longer than he needed. They wouldn't be surprised if he had gone to go look for Felix in his math class.