Chapter 7

Noelle, Jeongin, Seungmin and Jisung stood bunched behind Felix as he plugged the USB into his laptop. They were finally going to snoop through its contents and find out what their principal was up to. They've been waiting too since Noelle swiped it, but throw Hyunjin into the mix and they never got to it.

"I bet he's got freaky shit on it," Jeongin piped up, causing everyone to jump as they waited in anticipation.

"I think it's just some boring architecture plan that won't happen for years... Remember the garden they said they were going to install in year 8? We're graduating this year and still, no garden." Seungmin crossed his arms and shook his head. Noelle nodded in agreement. Their school was notorious for unfinished projects... And lying about donations it seemed.

Jisung bumped Noelle. "I'm with Noelle on the porn thing."

"You guys are weird." Felix waved them off and clicked onto the USB drive.

It turned out to be nothing more than what Seungmin suggested. Confidential files that only contained blueprints and visions of what buildings they'd like in Strathfield High next. It wasn't like they had the budget for it and especially if the principal wasn't being honest with what they did with funding. Overall it was anticlimactic, not worth Noelle putting herself at risk of suspension.

"Well, I'm raiding your fridge." Jisung dashed out of the room, Seungmin and Jeongin in tow. It only Thursday, and there was school the next day yet the insisted on crashing Felix's place until late in the evening. Their parents weren't going to be happy.

"Should we return it?" Noelle asked as Felix unplugged the USB and dropped it into his drawer. Eventually, their principal would figure out he lost it, and if they were unlucky, he'd accuse the students.

"Maybe." Felix shrugged. "If it causes issues, we will."

"Sure thing." She cleared her throat and prepared to exit the room, feeling awkward tension rising.

"Wanna talk about it yet?" He piped up as she reached the door. She froze in confusion but knew what he meant deep down. He would never say it but he was a little hurt she wasn't confiding in him, he knew he shouldn't but he felt distant.

"Huh? No, I'm fine. Trust me." She could bear it a little longer. 

Felix gave her an odd look, then shrugged. "If you say so."

Oh Felix, you can't help me with this one...

~

The end of the week came by much to their enjoyment. Weekends were to catch up on sleep and with friends, but they knew they would end up abusing their sleep schedule even worse, rinse then repeat. With exams coming up, this was a way to let loose and have fun before they were bombarded with the all too familiar stress of studying.

Friday night. Felix rocked on his heels anxiously as he waited for Hyunjin to pick him up. He was dressed in jeans, a white logo t-shirt with a blue flannel wrapped around his waist and high-top sneakers. Seungmin described his outfit as 'hip, which he hoped was a good thing. Maybe Hyunjin was into that. He had sent his look into their group chat and received praise from everyone except for one he was most curious about. Noelle.

Noelle hadn't opened the chat yet. It was likely she was busy but it didn't stop him from feeling a little disappointed. Her opinion mattered to him but he wasn't going to let it dictate him. He had noticed that she had been acting odd for some time now, and he wasn't sure when it started. He wasn't going to stress about it, it usually happened at least once a month for her.

Hyunjin♡ : I'm omw

Felixie: Yayyy

There was a knock on his door. Felix shouted his approval and his mum walked in with a cup of water. She handed it to him with a stern glare.