7

I quickly wiped the tear that escaped down my cheek

I quickly wiped the tear that escaped down my cheek. Stupid eyes betrayed me once again. I honestly had surprised myself by singing in front of the guys, I haven't done it in forever it feels like. And I guess I just felt comfortable sitting around the fire with them. Well obviously I was comfortable around Cam but Westley and Miller just project a comforting vibe even after only spending one week living with them.

"Wow, Naomi I didn't realize you sang." Miller turned smiling towards me.

"I don't, not really. Just some songs here and there." I shrugged. Cam and I concluded that we were each strong in different things. Cam was incredibly smart. Like photographic memory smart. And I was good at anything artistic. Singing, painting, just not drama. I couldn't act for shit.

"That wasn't just some vocals," Westley said, "You have a lovely voice, Sunshine."

I am really hoping the flickering light coming from the flames didn't allow anyone to see the blush rising to my cheeks.

Miller and Cam decided to take one last dip in the ocean before we began to pack up. Westley had begun to put the fire out that we started earlier in the night.

"You started tearing up," He said, not looking at me, "In the song, I mean."

"Must've gotten some smoke in my eye." I responded.

"Mhm, I'm sure that's what it was." He said back to me, now he turned to face me.

I love the song Landslide by Fleetwood Mac, it's a song about the changes and challenges of life. With emotional lyrics, and while it may seem simple, the introspection of those words resonated with basically anyone and everyone. Especially me. But I wasn't going to tell him that.

Once the fire was successfully put out and we packed up our things, Westley sat down next to me. I wanted to curl up and die.

"The other night. Who texted you?" He asked, looking forward.

I jerk my head to face him, "What?"

He looked into my eyes, and I decide to look forward once more. Worried that if he looked into my eyes he would know exactly who had texted me.

"It was an unknown number. Saying some pretty weird stuff. What the hell was that about, Naomi?" He asked. I'm sure he didn't mean to be intrusive or annoying but this was too much.

"You looked at my phone?"

"You threw it on the couch and I just picked it up and the message was there on the screen." He said, concern evident in his eyes. He reached forward but I jerked my hand back before he could touch me.

I stood up, angry that he was invading my personal boundaries, "You had no right. It was a wrong number text. Not big deal."

He stood up next to me, making me falter in my stance from his height. I still held his gaze, the anger growing in my eyes. He looked hesitant on what he was about to say.