Chapter 6: The Office

We arrived in Level 4, an endless office level where Almond Water flowed through the pipes and was in the vending machines. There were also many more people here than in Level 1, maybe because of the fact that Almond Water was abundant here. This level was also brighter than the last level we were in, focing my eyes to adjust to how bright it was.

This level, like Level 1, was one of the levels with the most wanderers on. Eventually we found someone who wss willing to give information about the levels after Level 15. Sadly, he didn't give information out for free. We offered him an extra flashlight we found near the skinned man's body on Level 2 and 3 chunks of firesalt and that seemed to do it. He passed us a sheet of paper with the information on it, telling us that he only recorded information up to Level 40, and that he can't be of any more help from there.

We thanked him and began restocking out Almond Water supply by drinking up from the fountains and getting more bottles of Almond Water from the vending machines, discarding the empty bottles to make space. We encountered a few entities here and there, such as hounds and a duller, but it was easy compared to levels 2 and 3.

As we pushed on, we heard a group of wanderers whispering about a guy who could take us to the end of The Backrooms, but he was an enigma, so to speak, and he traveled frequently, never staying in the same level for too long. "Someone said that they saw him on Level 48, but didn't get to talk to him before he left," one of the guys said.

After discussing between ourselves, we decided to look for this guy, and to get as much information on him as possible. By eavesdropping on the group's conversation a little more, we found out he usually wears a black raincoat, boots and black gloves, covering his face with the hood of the raincoat.

Faintly, I remembered the guy who brought me to the side in Level 1. Could this be him? I was pretty sure he wasn't there anymore, but I was determined to find put who he was and where he was now. Along with Kash and Jay, we headed into a stairwell and continued our journey, now with a slightly different goal in mind.