Chapter 2: Yellow Walls

I woke up in a yellow-walled room. Faintly, I could hear a low hum which seemed to be from an electric light. I could feel that the floor below me was covered in a disgustingly damp carpet.

When I opened my eyes, I saw that the hum indeed belonged to electric lights. At first, I thought it was a prank done by Mike to get back at me for my remark. "Ok, real funny, Mike. You can stop now, I know it's you doing this." However, as I walked along the yellow halls, I realised that it wasn't Mike doing this. Where I was was a mystery to me. I just walked and walked. I navigated through yellow hallways as the smell of damp carpeting filled my lungs, making me want to puke up what little food I had left in my stomach.

Eventually when I checked my phone, which had no signal, I realised with dread that I had been walking for at least a few hours at least a few hours as the time was seven in the morning according to my phone. The good thing was that I had a bottle full of water, which I had been rationing by taking small sips every hour, and a sandwich I didn't eat during lunch. As I walked, the hum of the lights seemed to grow louder every passing hour. This convinced me that I was hallucinating in this shitty place.

They were the only things that got me through, until at the 11 hour mark of walking I reached a room where the wallpaper was a different color, like white but not as pristine looking. I entered an on a table in the middle of the room were documents. I picked one up and began to read.

M.E.G DOCUMENT 1
Hello, wanderer. I bet you must be confused now, eh? Not to worry, I will explain to you where you are. You see, you have No-Clipped into The Backrooms, which are like the backrooms of reality where most of the levels make no sense as they may be non-linear or do not follow the laws of phyysics in reality. As of now, you are most likely in the Manila Room, the only place in Level 0, the level you are currently in, where wanderers can meet up. Please do not take any of these documents, as we do not check often and other wanderers may need these documents for explanations of where they are. Also, it's really troublesome to re-print these, as we have other things going on at the moment. Oh, and, by the way, there is no way out - at least, not a trustworty one, if you were wondering. Good luck with your new life!
-Prof. Ravenshire

What? Backrooms? No way out? I fell into a chair nearby, trying my best to process the information. After half an hour, I accepted the fact that I would not have my old life again. As I read the other two documents, one on No-Clipping and entites and another on food and water another guy walked into the room. "FINALLY! HUMAN INTERACTION!" He shouted, as though he hadn't spoken to anyone in years.

He was a well-built man of maybe 17 years like me, wearing a tank top and short pants. His shoes were boots, like in the army. "Yo, what's your name? I'm Jay." the guy said. "Columbus," I replied. I passed him the documents to read and once he finished he nodded his head and said, "Okay, I guess this is my life from now on." "Wait, really? You accepted it just like that?" I asked him. "Well, yeah. Anyways, it's not like I had anything to look forward to at home. Oh, by the way, how did you end up here? I was in my bed when I fell off and I ended up here." "Well... I was walking back home when I fell through the floor and I woke up here."
After we chatted about our life in reality for awhile, we decided to continue on into the backrooms together. I realised then that I may have made a new friend. We No-Clipped into a wall in the Manila Room and braced ourselves for whatever may be ahead of us.