***UPDATE: THE GRANGER GIRLS HAS BEEN PUBLISHED!***

UPDATE: JUNE 2022

As stated in the title of this chapter, I have some very exciting news to announce: The Granger Girls is now a published book! Below is the new, official cover and a very happy me with a paperback copy:

The published book is available to purchase on Amazon, Google Books, and Kobo, in both eBook and paperback format (although the paperback is only available on Amazon

The published book is available to purchase on Amazon, Google Books, and Kobo, in both eBook and paperback format (although the paperback is only available on Amazon.) I have added a link to my brand new Carrd page into this chapter, which has links to the book on each of those sites, as well as to my new Instagram writing page (larajane.writes) and my author page on Goodreads.

I know some of you will be curious about how this published version compares to the version currently posted here, as well as the future of the story on Wattpad. To answer the latter question, this story will be remaining here on Wattpad in its current form for the foreseeable future. The reasons for this are because I know not everyone can afford/is able to pay for books, it's free advertising for the published book lol, and also because the published book is extremely different from the Wattpad version. The version here on Wattpad is an early draft: it is approximately 40k words long, full of errors, has underdeveloped characters, and was written when I was sixteen years old. In contrast, the published version is around 110k words long, of a much higher writing quality, and has characters and plot lines which are much more developed. It also contains many brand new scenes which weren't featured in the original Wattpad version, and some slight character and plot changes which I believe improve the story massively. In short, TGG has had a massive glow up, and if you enjoyed the story here on Wattpad, you will (hopefully) love this new published version.

For those of you who were fans of Rich Boy Mentality - the sequel to The Granger Girls that was previously posted here on Wattpad - I have an update for you: that story will also be rewritten and published. However, I have no idea when it will be released, and I still have no plans to repost the original version to Wattpad. Of course, I will give you guys updates on my progress with rewriting and publishing RBM whenever I have them :)

UPDATE: NOVEMBER 2022

Hi everyone. After careful consideration over several months, I have changed my mind about the status of TGG here on Wattpad, and decided to remove the full-length Wattpad draft. This was mostly because I believe that my initial idea of keeping it up for advertising purposes may have backfired on me: the number of readers of TGG on this site continues to go up, but as far as I am aware, I've had no more than a couple of sales result from this, as I believe people are reading the free version but not caring enough (or not enjoying the story enough) to buy the improved published version. This hurts me, because I am no longer a child writing as a hobby: I am a nineteen-year-old who has finished their education and is working to make writing her career. I cannot afford for people to read any version of my published work for free, and I should not be expected to give my writing away: I have put hundreds of hours into this book, and I would not be expected to do that much work - or any work at all - without payment at my supermarket job. So why should I write for free? How is that any different?

That being said, I am not completely wiping TGG off the face of Wattpad. Basically, I am going to be shortening and changing the current contents: instead of the full-length Wattpad draft, this book will now contain the first eight chapters of the published version. I felt this was a good compromise between keeping the original version and removing everything, as it still allows you guys to try the story and see if you like it before buying, but it no longer means that I am giving everything away. And if you still want to read one of my full-length novels for free, then I have four others that will be remaining on Wattpad in their entirety (for now.) 

I hope you will all enjoy the eight-chapter sample ahead. If you do, please consider purchasing a copy of The Granger Girls through the link below :)