ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

Aspen slid the compartment door open, seeing Charles standing there in his bedroom. They were on the train ride home. Even though Aspen was beyond excited, she knew she had to say one last goodbye.

"I figured I should probably give this back." She said, holding out a hoodie. It was Charles' hoodie, the one he had given her during Aspen's first night on the train.

Charles put his hand out and shook his head.

"Keep it. It looks better on you, anyway." He said, pushing the hoodie back back into Pen's arms.

Then, he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Listen..I had a talk with my dad. Because you're a victor now, I got permission for you and your mom to move back to District 12 to be with your friends. Only if you want to, of course. And you would have to live in Victors' Village, obviously. But I figured-"

Aspen cut Charles off with a tight hug. Her eyes started to tear up, and he let out a small, deep laugh.

"Thank you, Charles. Thank you so much for everything." Pen said. Charles looked down at her.

"It was my pleasure. Aspen, I am so proud of you. And I know your dad would be, too. You're just like him." He said, touching the side of Aspen's face.

The train came to a stop, and it was time for Charles and Aspen to depart. He gave her a small kiss on the forehead, and she let him. Then, she turned and left the room.

Just a couple hours later, Aspen, Katniss and Peeta were standing in front of everyone in District 12 as they applauded and cheered. Aspen saw her mom in the crowd, who only smiled at her. Next to her mom was Gale.

Aspen couldn't help herself. She got down from the stage, running towards him as he jogged towards her. The two hugged each other tightly, Gale catching Aspen in the air and twirling her.

"God, I've missed you so much." Gale whispered in Pen's ear. He closed her eyes and bent down, his entire hand engulfing her head in his chest.

"I missed you, too." Pen smiled.