ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Katniss and Aspen made it back to the cave in silence, neither of them wanting to talk about what just happened. It took everything in Aspen not to fall over during their walk, but she wanted to appear strong. Stronger than how she was really feeling.

Once they got into the cave, Aspen collapsed down, feeling relieved of the pressure on her leg. She ignored Katniss running over to help Peeta's leg with his medicine, and instead opened her own bag, praying medicine would be in there for herself.

Like she had hoped, there was. She let out sighs of pain, but immedietly felt a little better by the time the medicine was applied.

She looked over and saw Peeta's with his hand on Katnisses's face.

"Ugh! Please. I can't with anymore PDA. This is my cave, too." Pen groaned, letting her head fall on the wall behind her. Peeta and Katniss looked at her, and Katniss saw how bad her leg was.

"Oh, my god. Aspen. Are you-"

"I'm fine." Pen said, cutting her off.

"Thank you." Peeta said, seeing Aspen in the condition she was in. Aspen looked over at Peeta.

"I didn't do it for you." She said. Peeta nodded, staring at the ground.

"But you did save my life. Thank you." Katniss said, giving her friend a hug.

When Katniss pulled away, the three of them looked at each other. There was a long time of silence before Aspen started scooting towards the entrance of the cave.

"Screw it. I'm sleeping out front." She said. Katniss and Peeta shook their heads.

"You really don't-"

"Nope." Pen cut Peeta off, putting her hand up and exiting the cave.

Before Aspen fell asleep, she looked around the arena. She noticed how everything looked so real, and found it hard to believe how it was man made.

She wondered if this was the same sky her dad saw when he passed away.

Then, a single butterfly flew past her and landed next to her. Aspen smiled and layed down next to it.

"I probably sound crazy right now, talking to myself. I don't know if you can hear me. But I really hope you can." Aspen said, turning to stare at the sky. She noticed there were a few stars.

"I miss you, Dad. So, so much. And I just feel like if you were here right now, you'd be able to tell me what to do. Or cheer me on. Support me with Gale." Pen chuckled, and wiped a single tear that fell down her face.

"Honestly, I think we'll see each other again soon. Because I really don't think I'm going to make it out of this arena alive. Maybe it's better off that way. I'm scared of the girl Im becoming." She finished. She closed her eyes and rolled back over. The butterfly that was once there was now gone, and Aspen came to the conclusion that she was loosing her mind and talking to herself.

So, instead of letting this go any further, she closed her eyes and went to sleep.