ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

When Aspen woke up, her mouth dropped open, seeing her burn almost completely healed like magic. Her surprised was interrupted when she felt a nudge on her side.

She looked over and saw Katnisses's elbow reaching out to her. Katniss pointed and looked over at a girl standing in a tree a few feet away. Aspen and Katniss looked at the girl, who pointed to a hive above them. Then, the girl pointed to the tributes sleeping below.

When Aspen looked back up, the girl did a sawing motion with her hand. Katniss nodded, both her and Aspen understanding.

Aspen carefully climbed up to where the hive was. When she was close enough, she pulled her sword out of her belt and tried to cut the hive down.

Because the branch the hive on was thick, it took a few tries. As she struggled, a tracker jacker came up to her neck and stung her.

"Ah!" Aspen yelled in pain. She quickly covered her mouth though, trying not to wake up the group. Katniss furrowed her eyebrows as she watched.

More tracker jackers continued to sting Aspen as she cried. When she decided she couldn't take it anymore, she picked her sword up with both hands and hit the branch with all of her strength.

She almost fell, but the hive detached from the tree successfully and fell right in the middle of the group below. Katniss and Aspen watched above as the nest broke, tracker jackers swarming everyone, but aiming for Glimmer in the end.

"Are you alright?" Katniss asked Aspen, who looked like she was dissociating. Aspen nodded nonetheless.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." She said.

The two girls made their way down the tree, the group that was once below having ran away. Glimmer was still at the bottom, screaming with her arms flailing around as tracker jackers stung and attacked.

Aspen followed Katniss as she ran. Her vision was altered from the stings, and everything around her seemed as if it was spinning and turning.

She had to hold onto a tree and watch as Katniss approached Glimmer's now dead body, taking the bow and arrow from her. Once she did, she ran back over to Aspen and let her lean onto her.

"Kat...I-I cant.." Pen continued to struggle. Behind the girls, Aspen and Katniss heard Peeta yelling for them to run.

"Pen, we have to keep moving." Katniss said. Aspen shook her head.

"Katniss..."

Aspen looked at the ground, to shocked to say anything at what she saw. Leaving Katniss's grasp, she wobbled over to the ground at the body in front of her.

"Dad..." She gasped.

There her father's body was, covered in tracker jacker stings like Glimmer. He was lifeless and dead.

"Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Oh, my god." Aspen cried. She shook her head, trying to pick her dad up from the ground.

"Do you see what you did?" A voice in front of her asked. She looked up slowly, and saw a second body of her dad standing in front of her. She squinted through her tears.

"What?" Pen asked. Her dad had a grimace on his face, and quickly took big stomps towards her.

"You did this to me! You did this!" He held. Then, he grabbed Aspen's face, and everything went dark.