ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱɪx

"They're not happy with you." Charles told Aspen.

The two of them were in an elevator on their way to Aspen's interview with Peeta and Katniss. The games were over, and Aspen could go home soon.

"I figured. But I really don't care." She said. Charles shook his head.

"You should. Aspen this is serious. Not just for you. They don't take these things lightly." He said. Aspen turned to look at him.

"You know what? I hope they're not happy with me. I hope they're upset and angry. Because, after everything, angry's the least they can be." She said, crossing her arms over her chest. Charles nodded and put his arm around her shoulders.

"Relax. I know." He said, trying to comfort her.

While Aspen was in the arena, Charles saw a different light of her he hadn't seen before. Everyone watching did. And from the moment he saw her in a more vulnerable position, he promised himself he'd be there for her since the minute she got out, even if she didn't want him to be.

"When they ask, you say you couldn't help yourself. You couldn't live in a world without Katniss, who's a sister to you, the only one there for you when no one else was." Charles added. Aspen gave him a look.

"But that's not entirely true." She brought up.

"It doesn't matter."

The elevator doors opened, and people immedietly came up to Aspen to get her miced up and ready.

During the interview, Aspen sat in between Katniss and Peeta as Ceaser Flickerman congratulated them and asked them all questions.

"How did you feel, Aspen, when the games were coming closer to the end? What was going through your mind?" Ceaser asked. Aspen sighed.

"I just couldn't help myself. I couldn't live in a world without Katniss, who's a sister to me. She was the only one there for me when no one else was." Aspen said, remembering everything Charles told her. Ceaser smiled.

"Wow, what a good friend. And what about you, Katniss? How did you feel when you found Peeta by the river?" He asked.

"I felt like the happiest person in the world. I couldn't imagine life without him." Katniss smiled. Aspen could see her fakeness right through her, but knew she had to put up the same front.

"Peeta?"

"Both of them just saved my life." Peeta said, motioning towards Aspen and Katniss. Katniss smiled.

"We all saved each other." She said.

The audience broke out into awe's, and it almost made Aspen feel sick.

"Ladies and gentlemen, three best friends and two star crossed lovers, from district 12 and 3, this years victors of the 74th Annual Hunger Games! Congratulations."

The next obstacle was being crowned by President Snow.

It took absolutely everything inside of Aspen's body, mind and soul not to punch Snow in the face then and there. But, here he was, standing in front of her, Katniss and Peeta with three crowns.

He picked one of them up and walked over to Aspen, bringing the crown to the top of her head and placing it down carefully. Aspen stared at him the entire time.

"Congratulations." He said.

"I wouldn't call it that." Aspen said. She mentally punched herself for not being able to hold back from a snarky comment.

"And what would you call it, Ms. Blanchard?" Snow asked.

"You tell me, Mr. President." Pen replied.

Snow continued to stare before grabbing another crown and moving onto Katniss. Aspen let out a breath she was holding in when he walked away.