Chunin Exam Application

Aiya's Pov

"Ugh, why why why is it always the same thing with him!" Sakura screamed out which startled me for a moment. "He sets the time and then we have to wait hours for him, it's just not fair!"

"It's not fair!" Naruto said now matching her energy.

"What about my feelings?! I had to rush here so fast I didn't even have time to blow-dry my hair!"

"And I didn't even have time to brush my teeth or change my underwear!"

We all stopped to look at him in disgust.

"You didn't, that's disgusting Naruto," Sakura said blatantly.

"Naruto, we don't need to know about your poor hygiene first thing in the morning. I don't even understand how you guys can have so much energy at this time of day," I said leaning against the other side of the bridge. I turn my head to look at Sasuke who had a mirror image of my exact expression on his face.

"Well at least I'm not the only non-morning person here, I want to go back to sleep"

"Good morning everyone, sorry I'm late, I just got lost on the path of life," Kakashi said just now appearing.

"You liar," Naruto and Sakura screamed out.

"Anyways, I have something for you guys," he says while holding up the papers. "These are chunin exam application forms. I recommend all of you guys for this."

"Even Sakura? Wowzers"

"This is all voluntary though, it's up to each of you if you think you are ready enough. But you could always take it next year"

"All right!" Naruto praised and jumped to thank Kakashi.

"Don't slobber on my vest!" Kakashi told him. He then went on about the details for the exams, but I couldn't help the feeling that he left something out. Something very important towards the exam. As we were walking back on the bridge, I couldn't help but go over his words in my head.

"Voluntary? How could this test be voluntary? Are the chunin exams supposed to be taken separately or something? But if so, why would they force the idea of teamwork on the genin so hard?"

"Earth to Aiya-chan," Naruto said waving his hand in my face. I wake up from my trance to notice them looking at me. "Why do you look so deep in thought," he asked.

Before I could answer, he says, "Oh I know! You must be thinking about our soon-to-be opponents too right!"

"Not exactly," I said and sighed.

"Then what's wrong, don't tell me your scared! Don't worry Aiya-chan ill protect you," he grinned.

"Don't worry im not scared, it's just this exam so far is already suspicious despite it not even starting yet," I say trying to find a clear answer in my head.

"What do you mean by that," Sasuke asked me.

I stay quiet not knowing how to respond to his question. Out of a whim I turn to Sakura who looks a little depressed. Soon later, the realization hits me like a brick to the face. They must have noticed my face because they all waited for me to say something.

"So that's it," I mumbled quietly.

"Huh? What's it?"

"It's nothing, don't worry about it," I say with a small smirk.

"Wait! You can't just get us all curious and not say anything after!" Sakura yelled out.

"Trust me it's better that way, just focus on whether or not you want to take the exams," and with that, I left the scene to go train.