The Familiar Rogue

Aiya's POV

"What kind of idiots hide in a puddle on a sunny day, it hasn't rained for days"

I looked at Kakashi knowingly and he nodded his head.

"What's more confusing is how no one else noticed expect your sensei"

"No, that parts not surprising, they're all stupid after all"

"Well I thought the raven boy would notice at least"

"Doesn't matter now, they're starting their attack"

As I turn around, the ninja jumps out of the puddle and starts to attack Kakashi first. They wrap a sharp chain around him and pull hard. I was surprised for a sec but then I sensed his chakra behind that tree.

"Substitution huh, looks like the others didn't catch on"

When they came charging towards us, I realized they were heading towards Tazuna. I got suspicious but I attacked them no less. Jumping up in the air, I threw my shuriken towards the center of the chain to hook it back on the tree. Then I threw my kunai to secure it.

"It won't come off," one of the brothers said.

I smirked as I prepared a jutsu still in midair.

"Fire Style: Fire Dragon Jutsu"

Their eyes widened as I blew fire out of my mouth. They undid the chains and one ran for Tazuna while the other went for Naruto. Instinctively, I ran to help Naruto while Sakura and Sasuke stood in front of Tazuna. Before I could do anything, Kakashi sensei comes out of nowhere and puts the brothers in a headlock.

"Yo"

"Oh please, what a show-off"

"That was still cool though"

"What about me?"

"Oh yeah you were good too I guess"

I mentally roll my eyes and turn to see Sakura with a joyish look on her face, Sasuke deadpanning, and Naruto stunned.

"Huh, then what was that-" Naruto turned around to see cut-up pieces of wood on the floor where Kakashi was supposedly chopped in half.

"He used the substitution jutsu and hid behind the tree while waiting to attack," I told him.

"Sorry I didn't help you out right away Naruto," Kakashi said as he turned to him. "You got hurt because of it. I just didn't think you were incapable of moving." He then turned to me and the rest of my team said, "Anyways, good job Aiya, and great work paying attention to your surroundings by noticing the puddle. And you guys too, Sasuke and Sakura."

I looked at Naruto to see the devastation on his face. Honestly, I didn't think he would freeze up like that either. Then I look to see blood dripping on his hand.

"Those claws were poisoned, I need to heal him before it spreads"

"Hey," Sasuke said towards Naruto.

"Huh- what?!"

"Your not hurt are you... scaredy-cat"

I rolled my eyes and sighed while Naruto just got super angry at him. Kakashi warned him about the poison in his system and he starts to shake with anger. After that Kakashi sensei starts to confront Tazuna and he shares a guilty look on his face when Kakashi spoke.

"We are only genin this mission is to advanced for us, we need to go and also treat Naruto's wounds before it's too late," Sakura exclaimed.

"Hmm," Kakashi mumbles while looking at Naruto. "His hand sure is a burden, I guess we should go back to the village."