11

▱❏▣▒▨▓▦░▤▓ ㋡ ▓▤░▦▓▨▒▣❏▱

After finishing their dinner and successfully breaking the internet with the post about their meetup the pair continues to walk around the pier, basking in the beauty of the sunset ahead of them.

Once the sun disappears behind the horizon, they leave the pier and continue to aimlessly wander around the streets of Brighton. They talk about anything and everything that comes to their minds, bantering back and forth occasionally.

At this point the sun is long gone from the horizon and darkness engulfs them.
It's getting late but neither of them want the day to end, they enjoy each other's company way too much to part ways just yet.

As they wound up in a familiar area for Charlotte, she can't stop sharing her thoughts with the man walking beside her.

"I think if I end up moving, I want to be closer to the store." she tells him, completely forgetting the fact that he has no idea what she's talking about.

She's looking at the buildings around them, wondering what it would be like to live in one of them, knowing the business she's responsible for is at the end of the street, just around the corner.

"What store?" he asks, curiosity clear in his tone.

"I'll show you." she replies with a soft smile.

Charlie subconsciously reaches for his hand and grabs it to lead him in the right direction.

It's an innocent action, yet Wilbur feels like his heart is hammering straight out of his chest. He welcomes the warmth of her hand nonetheless.
He glances down at the girl at his side, noticing how her face flushes when his fingers slip between hers.

Charlie can't stop the smile from creeping on her face and she also don't seem to find the right words to say, so she just takes a mental note about this moment and stores it in her mind, down to the last bit of detail. She knows this is a piece of memory she wants to remember and cherish later on.

She's not sure anything has to be said right now anyway. She simply squeezes Wilbur's much larger hand, showing her appreciation.

After a few moments of walking in silence (this time a comfortable one thankfully) and a turn around the corner, the girl stops in front of a store window.
Wilbur takes notice of the copious amounts of bookshelves lining the inside of the store, as well as how the whole place has a charming, homey feel to it even if it's dark inside. The street light above them illuminates the shop just enough.

His sight continues to run over the scene in front of him, drinking in every tiny detail until eventually it halts at the sign above the entrance.

'Isabelle's tales' it says.

Wilbur doesn't know why yet, but he noticed the looming feeling of grief and sadness in the air when they stepped closer to the glass.

"It was my father's." Charlie tells him with a small, but pained smile on her lips.