• f o u r •

The man named Kakucho drove me home

The man named Kakucho drove me home. He was kind and a gentleman. These people look daring and full of puissance as if they were some kind of mafia or something.

I have never heard of any of them but judging by their looks, they seemed like big men who overrule everyone.

I almost forgot what happened to my stepdad. Mom will probably hurt me again if she finds out that I was the reason for his distress.

“We're here,” Kakucho said. I gave him a small smile before leaving his car.

“Thank you, Kakucho. Drive safe!” I bowed to show my gratitude. He only nods and smiled at me before speeding his luxury car away from the house.

I took a deep breath as I stood in front of the door to the home, or should I say, hell. It's already 3 am. I still have no idea where my stepdad is but I don't really care.

If he's in the hospital then my mom will also be there and that's what makes life better and peaceful.

I went inside and found no one. My brothers are obviously asleep and no lewd noises and moans can be heard.

“They're probably not home–”

“And where on hell have you been?"

I flinched at the tone of my mom. I looked up to see her in her robe, eyeing me as if I was her prey, ready to kill at any moment. 

“I worked overtime,” I simply answered.

She huffed. I heard her steps coming closer to me as I stiffen in my position.

“You lie so bad, my little (y/n). Tell me,”

She grabbed my chin and forced me to face her. “Who are those men?”

She's talking about Sanzu and his colleagues. I look at her, she raised her eyebrows as she waits for my answer.

“I-I don't know what you're talking about.”

“They left your dad, who was shot for fuck's sake, a case full of money and a note about borrowing you for a while. You're being a whore now?”

I was flabbergasted. When did they do that?

“No, mom! I would never do that. He was shot because he almost—”

“You know what? I don't fucking care. Whoever those guys are, kiss them for me when you meet them again okay, darlin'?”

“W-what...”

She gives my cheek a tap before leaving me hanging. I was expecting a slap, a spit on my face, pulling my hair hard out of anger, or anything that can leave bruises on me.

But she didn't. She didn't even want my explanation of how her lover got a shot. She was more concerned about loads of money.

Just how much cash did Sanzu and his friends leave my stepdad?

Morning.

I jolted up on my bed. I quickly looked at the time and read 7:54 am.

“Oh fuck, I'm so screwed!”

Hesitating to change into proper clothes, I almost stumble on myself because of how my body trembles.

I was sunken into a heavy slumber that I forgot I have responsibilities to do.

As soon as I got out of my room, I was surprised, no, actually, I don't know how to react.

There was already breakfast all over the table. My brother just finished their pancakes and is ready to go to school.

“What's happening?” I muttered.

I looked at my stepdad who looks definitely fine while smoking. He oy glared at me.

“Oh, you're awake,” My mom greeted me with a smile.

“What are you doing, mom?”

She gave me a look.

“Are you blind or what? I prepared breakfast.”

But you never did this to us.

I shoved off the thought before it change her mood. She told me to just let her be so that's what I did. I focused on preparing myself for work the whole morning.

The same routine goes by in my work except that this day is kinda boring. I was eating dorayaki then I remembered Mikey.

I closed my eyes as I start to reminisce about his features. Pure, white hair, those disconsolate, ebony eyes, his cold touch.
He occupies my mind for no reason. I wanted to meet him and know more about him.

He looks like an interesting person.

The moment that I opened my eyes, my phone also rang. There was a message from an unknown number.

I frowned as I opened it.

I'll pick you up after your shift. –Mikey

Just when I'm currently thinking about him. I replied and told him that my shift ends at 10, only to find out that he already knew it.

I felt the blush on my cheeks when I realized that I'm going to see him again.

“What am I thinking, oh my god.”

I groaned, finding myself being weird and ridiculous again. I haven't dated for so long now. I can't even remember if I've ever been in a relationship.

Now that I've just thought of it, why can't I remember a thing about my relationship status before?