Chapter-38 Realization

Start from the beginning

Soon they reached the hospital. Karthik took her in and the doctor took her to the emergency ward. Police also came behind and admitted the men they found.

Karthik stood at the door of the emergency ward with eyes full of tears.

"Don't worry, Sid. She will be alright," Arjun said, and patted his shoulder.
Karthik nodded as he blinked the tears which he was holding from long back.

Bhushan and Mr. Williams also arrived at the hospital after settling the issue with the police. This is the first time Bhushan was witnessing his boss like this.

"Bhushan, I want all of them and the main one who ordered them to do so," Karthik ordered dangerously and Bhushan nodded firmly.

After one hour, the doctor came out from the emergency ward.

"How is she, doctor?" Karthik asked worriedly.

"Nothing to worry, Mr. Roy. She is out of danger. Just a minor wound on her head, but her palms were pierced. We took out all the glass pieces, still it takes time to heal and the wound on her leg needs care. Don't let her walk for a few days and don't let her touch water with her hands."

"Looks like she fought with someone. She is strong and her will power is high. That's why she was able to hold on this much time," the doctor informed him, and he felt proud of his wife.

"When will she wake up? Can we see her?" he asked immediately.

"She will wake up in one hour. We will shift her to the room, then you can see her," the doctor said, and he thanked him.

After one hour, she opened her eyes with great difficulty and found herself in the hospital bed. Night incidents flashed in front of her eyes, and she panicked.

"You woke up? Are you alright, how are you feeling now?" Karthik asked as soon as she opened her eyes, and she could sense his tension.

He was sitting in the chair beside the bed, holding her hand. His hair is messy and his eyes are red, indicating he cried. The thought that he cried for her made her so happy.

"Yeah, I am fine," she said with a smile and her voice came out weakly.
Her face was pale and her eyes lost its shine, but still her smile was the most beautiful one and it made his heart feel normal and calm.

"Do you need anything?" he asked, caressing her hair lovingly.

"Yeah, I need you," she blunted out.

"You can have me anytime but now you need to rest, just sleep, babygirl. We will talk in the morning," he said and kissed her forehead as he covered her properly with a duvet.

She closed her eyes like a good girl, but she is Megha, who can't be a good girl even for a while...

"Karthik, I can't sleep," she complained with a pout as she looked at him with puppy eyes.

"Why, baby?" He asked and pecked her pout.

"I am used to sleeping beside you and now, without you, I can't sleep. You made me like this. It's all your fault," she accused him, acting mad, which he found very cute.

"Oh, we had a big problem. What shall we do now?" he replied, mimicking her.

"Actually, I have a solution for it," she said, acting like she thought hard to find the solution.

"What is it?" He asked, smiling at her amusingly.

"You just sleep with me here," she replied, as she scooted to the edge, making room for him on the bed.

He knew that she would say this, and she did.

"Me? Here?" He played along with her.

"Yeah, this bed is enough for both of us and I sleep on you more than bed," she said innocently.
Her innocent face and cunning smile are something that ties him to her fingertips.