Chapter 8:Gunshot

Hey heracakes!(ohmygod been wanting to call y'all that😭) sjsjjed I'm alive!ig  it's been months of ghosting y'all and I'm so sorry I can explain after this chapter hehe😋😄 for now enjoy reading!

They flinched at the sudden loud bang that seemed to be approaching the school...or the school itself.  

"Was that a gunshot?" Ni-ki asks.

"Do you think they came to save us?" Jungwon asks, peering through the door to see if there are any 'zombies,' as Ni-ki refers to them. 

"Then there wouldn't be just one gunshot." 

"So you think someone just came in with a gun and ran around the school for fun, shooting some- I don't know zombies, I guess?" Ni-ki blabbered.  

"Hmm yeah, I guess," Luna said after a brief silence. 
"Unless..." 

"Unless what?"

"That person is brave or stupid enough to come here for whatever reason...that must be important, because who would come to a school infested with monsters?" Jungwon continued for her, earning a nod from both of the other teens.

Ni-ki looked out the window, thinking to himself, "Who the fuck has a gun anyways?"

"I guess cops, but who would come alone?" Luna shuffled. She murmured, "They must be insane."

"Forget about that; let's just wish that person luck and whatever their goals are for coming here," Jungwon finally said before peering through the door.

"It's clear."

"You sure?" Ni-ki asked.

"Uhmm no, I guess not, it's not clear so I want you to go outside to really make sure.Try getting bittem too and see what happens"Jungwon rolled his eyes sarcastically.  

"Geez chill, who shit in your cereal? Or is it that time of the month?" 

"Your butthole shit in my cereal," Jungwon retorted.  

Meanwhile, Luna was struck after realizing something by the mention of "that time of the month." 

"shit..." she muttered.

"Why? What's the problem?"  

How could she have forgotten?   It's that time of the month when the day couldn't possibly get any worse. 

"Oh n-nothing," she said awkwardly as she moved closer to the door.

   "Should we go?" ni-ki queried, waiting for a response.

"Yeaa..." Luna dragged out the word as an uneasy feeling crept up her lower stomach.

"I'll open it now; let's not get killed or eaten." Ni-ki slowly opened the door, revealing a clear corridor. Ni-ki stepped out, looking around, while Luna followed suit, leaving Jungwon still in the comfort room, which Luna noticed, especially when he grabbed her arm to pull her back inside.

"Why? Are you afraid?pfft," Luna joked.

"Pabo, stand still," he said as he took out the hoodie he was wearing and wrapped it around Luna's waist, much to her surprise. While Luna stood there dumbfounded, she felt a familiar feeling she's been longing for but won't admit to herself. There isn't time for those anyway, she reasoned. She was interrupted by Ni-ki as she was lost in her thoughts. 

"Guys, what's taking you so long? They might come back," he said quietly before motioning for them to come to him.  

They all walked slowly out the hallway, literally crouching. It was silent until Jungwom broke it again.

  "What now?" they asked, leaning against a wall for cover.

"I have to go back, I forgot something," he said, and before anyone could object, he dashed back to the restroom.

"Is he being sentimental or just plain stupid?" Luna asked, referring to whatever Jungwon had left in there. She was about to pursue him when Ni-ki stopped her.

"You're stupid as well if you do that; let's go, he knows what he's doing," Luna shrugged after a moment's thought. Why should I be concerned? He has complete control over his life.

but no...

"Let's wait for him. Who knows what he'll do that will kill us both."  

What he did could be described as stupid, but he genuinely cares.  

Jungwon left after opening a wooden cabinet near the mirrors in the comfort room and concealing something in his pocket. He was surprised to see his friends waiting for him right where he had left them.

   "You waited." 

"Yeah, dumbass. Luna didn't want to leave your stupid ass so..." Ni-ki sighed.   Ni-mouth ki's was covered by Luna to prevent him from speaking. "Stop— shh!"  

A door is just beside the wall they are leaning against.  

"Do you hear that?"  

" hear what?"

Luna moved her head closer to the door, and the other two followed.

"What's that clicking sound?" Jungwon could make out what Luna was saying.

"What clicking sound—" Ni-ki came to a halt as the clicking sound became increasingly loud.

The noise became increasingly louder, indicating that it was getting closer to the door. "What the fuc—" Suddenly, loud bangs on the door could be heard. The three of them moved away from the door. The strange clicking noise persisted. Then it suddenly stopped.

The three approached the door, but to their surprise, it opened, revealing a truly hideous creature or whatever it is. Large spores were growing out of its skull, giving it the appearance of a mushroom man. It wobbled and looked around, seemingly looking for whoever one of the three was.  

They just stood there in awe, utter shock at what they were seeing and awe at why they weren't being attacked. They just stood there watching the monster turn its head in every direction in search of the.m  As the mushroom-like things grew and infested the host's body, they came out of the monster's eyes and nose.  

Luna suddenly let out a quiet gasp.

"Ms.Deok..." she said in a tone only she could hear, but that's what she first thought. The clicking sound became even louder as the monster looked in her direction. Luna's eyes widened in surprise, and she couldn't move a single muscle in her body as the monster approached her at breakneck speed.

She closed her eyes, expecting it to attack her, but it didn't. Instead, another gunshot echoed in the corridors, and something liquid splattered on her face.

"Sh—," she grumbled.

"Are you okay?" both boys asked as they helped her stand up, not realizing there had been a gunshot just moments before.

Footsteps could be heard approaching them, so they quickly averted their gaze away from the source.   They had not anticipated the sight they were to witness.

So here is the thing my phone died like it wasn't working anymore about a month ago? Yea was first days of May and srsly I was forced to use my bro's phome.And another thing I crammed for school and finally I'm dome with it! I'm sorry again for leaving y'all😭 I hope this chapter makes up for it but if not then I'm gonna cry😟 no jk! Anyways bye take care<3 missed y'all btw.

I didn't know that @sunghoonsLeftToe  is reading this too so here u go bae!😭kinda late but better late than never right?😉