HueBoyd - Electrified

Title: Electrified.
Theme: Fluff, so much fluff - Romantic Ship
Description: Boyd sings Huey a cute little song.
Length: Short
Word count: 605
Completion Date: July 19th 2022

"You wrote me a song...?" Huey asked the shy robot boy, confused but excited.

The other boy had said earlier that he had made something for the red-wearing duck but he honestly expected the robot to show him a new junior woodchuck skill he learned but...

"Yes! ...I mean... Yes. A song. For you." The shy boy scuffed his feet against the floor, obviously nervous - for a robot he's probably the most emotional person Huey knows (other than his brother, Dewey).

Huey smiled at the boy, "Go ahead. I'll sit down here and listen, alright?"

He nodded in a mix of eagerness and anxiety and quietly prepared himself, closing his eyes and letting out a shaky breath.

He began to sing, using his robotic nature to his advantage to sing, sounding as if he had used a vocoder.

Huey POV

The lyrics were simple but the struck into my heart. I didn't know what to do so I just froze, blushing deeply and listening carefully.

He walked towards me, still singing and held my hands softly.

"Every morning when I look in your eyes..
I feel electrified by you."

He knelt down to my level and softly rested his head against mine, peacefully wrapping up his song.

I smiled softly, "Oh Boyd, that is the sweetest song I've ever heard, thank you."

He smiled back and sat in front me, his eyes filled with relief and pride, "Thank you too."

We sat there in a peaceful silence, enjoying just having each other's company and watching the sun set over the calming hill on which we were sat.

The ombré sky illuminated his beautiful face and we just kept smiling, how could we not? It was the perfect moment of the perfect evening.

It was then that I had noticed he still hadn't let go of my hands and the red darted across my face again.

It was then that I had a terrible idea, but for once... I'm just going to follow my gut. Geez, what has this boy done to me?

I cupped his face softly, the cold from his "skin" creating a small shock in my palm.

He looked taken back by my actions but didn't decline my non-verbal offer.

"Boyd... I love you." I leaned in slowly and felt him hold me lovingly as my eyes fluttered closed.

And eventually our lips connected in a short, soft and simple kiss. I adored it when my dreams were made true as he returned my affection.

As I quickly pulled away I felt my face set completely ablaze.

He giggled at my tomato face and guided his hand to cup my cheek, "Huey... please correct me if I'm doing this all wrong... but..."

I stared deep into his eyes, longing for a return of his earlier spoken affection.

He struggled to find the best words to use for a moment before taking a deep breath and smiling shyly, "I'd like to be in a romantic relationship with you. From the day we went to Tokoyolk I knew that you were special to me, I wanted to see you every day... I even imagined hugging you tightly after the fight with Mr Buzzard-"

I interrupted him by hugging tightly, holding him close to me, "Sorry for the lateness... I wasn't sure that you wanted to..."

"Thank you." He clung onto me as if he were to let go then I would vanish.

...

"So... are we boyfriends now...?"

"Yes. Boyfriends."