Drakepad (Family)

This chapter will be explaining The Drakepad family (as of my head canons) and anything in italics is to do with my OC (who is part of the Drakepad family) so you can just ignore that if you want.

Of course it starts with Drake, he is Trans Masc and Bisexual and he got bullied so much because of that when he was younger. He also didn't have the best home life either so it made him believe that the only one left to give him confidence was himself and that's why he has such a big Ego.

But then, just like in the cannon, he found the Darkwing Duck show and became obsessed - he was still getting bullied but he kept his pride and never stood down.

In later years he befriended Launchpad and took Gosalyn under his wing but parenting was a struggle and he still felt something was missing. He tried dating some girls for a while but he came to realise it wasn't really love he was feeling, more of an admiration of them.

He then found that he had feelings that were more than admiration for his good friend, LP. He 'calmly' (not really calmly,  more of in panic when he was flustered) told LP and now Launchpad is Gos' new Paps and they couldn't be happier!

Now there's Launchpad, he too had a rough relationship with his family at first but he found it easy to make friends at school and outside his home. One day he ran away from home and didn't return until years later when he apologised to his family for his actions and they formed a closer bond after that scare.

When Launchpad got older, he found it harder to relate to the people his age so he looked after kids for fun. His best friend being none other than Dewey Duck as Dewey never judged him for wanting to just have fun and explore and Launchpad was happy that way.

LP also found a motherly figure in his life with Beakly and enjoyed her company with their found interest of Darkwing Duck.

One day, he met Drake. Someone like him: with the same interests.

Darkwing Duck.

The two bonded over it constantly until Drake got offered to become the REAL dw and of course he had to accept it!
Launchpad joined him for a while until he was officially titled as Darkwing's Sidekick and THAT made Launchpad ecstatic.

It was at this time that Launchpad found a kid by the name of Kasper or (as he has been nicknamed) Kas. Kas was found during one of DW's missions in a back alley, dirty, injured and scavenging the trash.
He approached the kid and tried to comfort him but Kasper was terrified and he backed away into a wall.

And so Launchpad just sat by his side, keeping his distance so he didn't make the boy uncomfortable and waited in (what slowly merged into) a comforting silence.
The boy shuffled next to Launchpad and told him his story.

He had a happy life but as of turning 14 and coming out to his parents as trans his life just went downhill. One day he got angry at his parents and so to prove a point he cut his hair short and threw out all his feminine clothes. His parents were MAD. So mad in fact, that they kicked him out of the house. And he has been struggling ever since, scared of the people that try to take him away.

Launchpad felt bad for Kas and so after a very calm introduction he took Kasper to his favourite Dad.

When Launchpad showed up with a sleeping kid in his arms Drake was terrified. 'What in the world even happened to them?'

After Launchpad briefly explained and didn't want to say too much without the boy's permission, Drake cleaned him up and asked Gos to make sure he was okay and to keep an eye on him.

And that was how Launchpad adopted his son.

When Drake told LP about his feelings he explained that he wanted to raise Gos and Kasper together and of course the pilot accepted with glee.

When the two spoke to Gos and Kas about their relationship the reaction they got from them was just "About time." and so everything was normal from there on. Except the rise in PDA from the fathers- but at least they aren't oblivious fools anymore.

And then there's Gos! Now here's something fun Gos found out whilst bonding with Drake: They're non-binary. And god are their fathers supportive- of course they are- This is LP and DW we're talking about.

Pilot Paps and Darkwing Dad were very quick to make sure Gos had everything they needed to keep them in comfort and Gos just told them to chill out.

And so, that is how the family was formed. A supportive group of LGBTQIA+ members who just happened to find comfort in each other.

Random Headcannons
Drake and LP are really good at non-verbal communication and they (nearly) always know what's going on just by the others actions.
Gos is the opposite, they're not really good at communicating without words but they are really talented with their words for their age.
LP and Drake love physical affection ands ao it's their main love language.
Gos calls LP "Pilot Paps" and Drake "Darkwing Dad".
Drake can just trust Launchpad with anything which sometimes makes LP worry about not meeting DW's standards but at the end of the day he's always there for him and DW knows his worth.
Launchpad is terrible with words but his physical comfort is enough to cheer up Gos/Drake after a bad day.
Launchpad has trouble grouping himself with grownups sometimes and he mostly acts as another child for DW to look after but he's slowly improving because of his kid and partner.
Drake is the man of the house, constantly doing chores and cooking whilst he waits for crime to start.
When LP is allowed to cook he usually cooks too much and they end up eating the leftovers for days, which gets a bit boring but it puts less pressure on Drake.
Launchpad constantly pats Drake's head when he takes off his hat and it makes both of them really happy.
LP was the first person to make Drake have butterflies in his stomach.
Launchpad never knew that he liked guys before he met Jim in real life.
Jim Starling has had a HUGE crush on Launchpad for a while which makes Drake angry as hell.