twenty eight | 𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐚

adomania
(n.) the sense that the future is coming too quickly
***

"So they told you their names were Rhys and Arryn, huh?"

I nod at Erebus, sitting on his lap as he looked up at me softly. My eyes glance over at Mor to see him eating some ritz crackers with tuna fish.

"Oh, Arryn said he was a cute pigeon." I whisper to him, and instantly he snorted.

"Pigeon, huh? I can see it. I don't know why his main form isn't just a pigeon-."

"Raven's are cooler, duh!" He cries, looking over at us now. "I don't know why you said that, but I'm not meant to be a pigeon. Those things are not dignified whatsoever! They're messy and...ravens are cool."

Mor stuck his nose up at us, going back to shoving his face with what he was eating. I look back at Erebus who was looking at me already. I could tell he was still happy from when I said 'I love you' to him.

Hearing the words...I don't need to anymore. His actions and what he does has come to be my words. What they told me was true and I completely forgot what he is to me. I was so distracted on what I wanted from him, that I forgot what he's already done and what he's been doing.

Like an idiot.

"You're not an idiot." He chuckles, and I grin at him awkwardly. "The way things progressed wasn't the best, but that can always change. We can develop from this and become better, you know?"

"Yeah..." I murmur, leaning into him. I feel his hand on my stomach and I already knew that Rhys would love that very much. Just from speaking with them I could tell he really loved Erebus, and it was adorable.

The most notable of favoritism I have seen, but I didn't care. Just to see them so happy already is enough for me. Who their favorites are doesn't matter as long as they're happy.

"Our children shall be born very soon, if I am feeling this correctly." His hand rested on my stomach, and I snicker. "Cambion children progress in growth faster than human babies. They don't need to much because their demon parent usually gives them all they need just from their sperm or egg alone. So...honestly, you really didn't do anything-."

"Don't say that!" Mor cries, and Erebus' eye twitched at the interruption. "Humans really value the creation processes of their babies! You can't tell him demons are really what creates them!"

"Well I just did, bird!" Erebus snaps, causing Mor to pout.

Out of nowhere I begin to find myself seeing white again, and I was in the same space I was in before. Except when I look I saw Arryn rushing towards me with this hurt expression.

"Arryn what's-?"

"Can you tell father to stop being mean to Mor? It's so sad to watch because I can't defend him yet!" He whines, grabbing my hand as he tugged on it.

I look at him in shock because he was really asking me to do this for him. I end up nodding fast and he grins happily.

Suddenly I was back in my body, and I saw Erebus snapping at Mor still.

"Erebus." I interrupt him softly, wrapping my arm around his shoulder as he looks at me in shock. My lips press onto his, more like hover above them.

That look in his eyes told me he was shocked by what I was doing. To see him this close reminded me of how handsome he was. I always knew he was handsome...but this was on a whole other level.

"I'm on a whole other level today?" He murmurs to me, and I forget sometimes that he can read my mind. "Yes I can, only when you're being so cute or sexy like this. Do you want to kiss me?"