Chapter 73: Three Masters* Reunion

Start from the beginning

Shen Jintai was reading comments left by the netizens. He didn't dare revealed the truth about his conversation with Meng Xiaosheng when they had dinner that day: "Director Guo and I felt that we weren't ruthless enough afterwards. In fact, we could shoot a more succinct and vicious scene."

The TV series was too popular, and the audience was too wide. This caused a taboo net around her pen when she started writing. Even Guo Rui also caved, and many clips weren't dared film causing the ending to be slightly choppy*.

*Clarity: they wanted to film a much more dog blooded ending but fearing it would turn the audience off too much, they had to compromise on their artistic integrity and give a much more palatable ending.

Shen Jintai was shocked when he heard that Meng Xiaosheng originally planned to let Li Xu go to the guillotine and accept the accusations of thousands of people.

Fortunately, this route wasn't taken. He believed that it was really the screenwriter's kindness to let Li Xu die on the back of his lover instead of the bridge section where the crown prince carried his corpse in front of thousands of curses. That would have been too uncanny and miserable.

"Fortunately, they didn't go this route and I didn't have to film it," Zheng Siqi said: "I got goosebumps all over when I heard it."

"I'm sorry," Bai Qingquan interrupted: "I still... I really want to see it. It feels that the character Li Xu would've been more sublimated in that way. He'll truly have died for the country."

"Teacher Meng said that if she is asked to rewrite it now, she will follow that version." Shen Jintai said with a smile.

This is the case while filming and broadcasting. The script was hard to polish and easily influenced by the audience. This model has its advantages and disadvantages.

"Are there any extras? Are you still filming? I seem to have heard people from the company mention it recently. They've been asking if I have time available if its shot." Zheng Siqi asked.

"I heard that preparations are already under way, but it probably has nothing to do with us." Shen Jintai said: "The next step should be Chang'an, the three emperors, and Zhou Cong's drama." "

"The cycle begins anew," Bai Qingquan said: "It's best if Zhou Cong dies and Chang'an and the three emperors have a love scene." As soon as he finished speaking, he saw Shen Jintai glanced at him.

Bai Qingquan didn't want to pretend to be straight in front of Shen Jintai now. He felt that gay people have a sixth sense and that Shen Jintai had long noticed that he was also the same way.

Shen Jintai raised his eyebrows.

"Is your new project about to start shooting?" Zheng Siqi asked Shen Jintai.

Shen Jintai: "I will join the crew next month, and go to the battlefield to suffer."

"Is it for <Welcome Rain on a Spring Night>?" Bai Qingquan asked: "I heard Sunshine Media been preparing for it."

Shen Jintai: "It's in progress, but doesn't mean that filming can start yet. It's estimated that it will begin at the end of the year."

Bai Qingquan: "Who is acting with you?"

Shen Jintai smiled, obviously happy, and said: "A movie emperor*."

*Movie emperor/king (影帝) = someone who have won the best actor award from an authoritative association (such as the three major international film festivals in Europe (Cannes is one), the Academy Awards, the Five Chinese Film awards). They are lauded for their superb acting skills.