never mind, goodnight

💬 mc partner! yu jimin x m! reader. 2676. when karina accidentally messages y/n something that was meant for giselle

Karina used her thumbnail to chip the nail polish off her index finger while she waited for Giselle's text message. Three little dots danced in a small white bubble, which meant that she was in the middle of typing out a reply. Karina felt her lungs tightening with each nervous breath. She tried scrolling through their conversation and reading past messages to distract herself, but all she could focus on was the message she sent to Giselle just a few minutes ago.

"Ok fine, you're right," the message read, and Karina had included an angry emoji. "I like Y/N."

After what felt like ages, Giselle finally texted back: "Lol, girl, you weren't fooling anyone."

Karina scooped her phone up and held it close to her face to read Giselle's blunt reply. She rolled over onto her stomach and stared at the screen, trying to think of what to text back. Of course, Karina knows, she always knows. Even before she does, most times. The dancing dots reappeared and Giselle sent a second reply.

"I low-key think you two look really cute together," the message said. Karina groaned and buried her face in the covers of her bed. Her heart was fluttering. Contradictory emotions were coursing through her like a swarm of bees. She hated that Giselle could read her so easily, but at the same time, she was thrilled that her friend approved of her feelings.

Why wouldn't she, though? Y/N was perfect. Karina re-read Giselle's message and thought of her fellow Inkigayo MC. Sweet, handsome, talented, hard working, kind-hearted Park Y/N. Karina remembered being selected to join the Inkigayo cast and meeting him for the first time. From the very first moment they spoke, she knew her heart wouldn't stand a chance.

Her phone chimed again and Karina looked up to read Giselle's reply. But her stomach did a somersault realizing that it wasn't Giselle's name that popped up on her screen. It was Y/N who'd sent her a message.

Karina sat up in her bed and squealed aloud with equal parts terror and delight. Y/N was texting her! He sent a message! She sat cross-legged on the covers and collected herself for a moment before unlocking her phone to view his message. Even before she could fully read it, she knew it would be work-related. Y/N always took his work very seriously, which Karina admired him for, but of course she sometimes wished he would contact her just to say "hello" or talk about something else.

"Want to discuss possible concepts for upcoming special stage?" Y/N's message read. "Writers want to hear our ideas."

Karina clenched her eyes shut and tried to calm her racing heart before replying. In the middle of her attempts to remain calm, another chime on her phone signaled the arrival of Giselle's third message. Karina let out a slow breath and started typing.

"Should we include Hyunsuk in this discussion?" she sent to Y/N. Then she switched conversations and turned back to Giselle, who had replied:

"Seriously, I think you look cute together. I bet the writers do, too, why would they keep dressing you two in couple clothes all the time?"

Karina blushed, thinking about all the times her stylist team at Inkigayo would dress her so that hers and Y/N's outfit were coordinated. She had seem herself on TV. They really did look like a couple most weeks. She tried not to smile too big as she typed:

"Wait, u really think so?"

Her phone chimed with Y/N's reply: "Hyunsuk's filming something right now, I didn't wanna bother him by blowing up his phone with messages. Got any ideas?"

Karina replied: "Let me hear your ideas first, I'm thinking."

Giselle replied: "Yeah, even Winter and Ningning think so, haha. We were just discussing this the other day."