"You're going to have to get away from your friends," James orders. "Can you handle that?"

"Yes! Yes! Where do you want me to go?"

"How about your old ballet studio?" he suggests, smugness still filling his tone. It's obvious in his voice that he's loving how he's winning this. "In about an hour, I want you to meet me there. I'll need time to take your precious grandparents along with me, but I'll know if you bring anyone along. Poor grand pappy and grand mommy would pay the price for that mistake."

He hangs up, and my hand with the phone still in it drops to my side. "I'm sorry, Edward," I whisper into the silence of the hotel room.

I quickly pull out the lighter I took from home out of my backpack. I shove it into a pocket. I don't bother to take any other of my belongings with me. I simply walk out the door and head down to the lobby.

I didn't expect to find Alice and Jasper there, but they're currently talking to the hotel manager at the front desk. With them distracted, I take my leave. I hail the first taxi that comes by. They stop for me, and I get inside. I have a bit of money in one of my pockets that should take care of the ride to the ballet studio. I haven't been there in years, but after having to drive their almost every week as a little kid, the way there has been engraved into my brain.

In exactly one hour, which is specifically when James requested for me to meet him at the ballet studio, the taxi slows to a stop in front of the studio. After paying the driver some money, I get out, and he drives away.

I don't go in immediately. Instead, I contemplate what I'm about to do. My desire to be with Edward had indirectly led me to this fatal moment. Once I go through the front door, there's no going back. I can't help but think about what I told Edward all those days ago, about him saving me from Bella's truck just being a messing around with my fate. Maybe I was right, because here I am now, standing before my death. My number is about to be up, and there's nothing I can do about it.

I take a deep breath before going up to the front door of the ballet studio. I grab the handle but don't pull it open, not yet. I lift my head up and take one last look at the sky, the beautiful night sky. The moon is out tonight. It's reflecting a bright light down on the city.

A tear slips down my cheek at the realization that I may never see the moon in all its glory again. I tear my gaze away from the moon. I can't start having second thoughts now. My grandparents are in danger somewhere within this studio. They're waiting for me to save them. I'm not going to let them down.

With somewhat renewed determination, I open the front door of the ballet studio and go inside. It's dark and gloomy within the studio, nothing of which I remember from all my times I was here as a kid. The ballet studio is open with mirrors all around the walls and large windows up near the ceiling. The windows allow for some moonlight to shine down inside the building.

I look all around me, but James is no where in sight. I decide against calling out his name. I want to savor my last moments of peace for as long as possible. I remain standing by the front door, afraid to walk further inside. Now that I think about it, he's a vampire who is excellent at hunting, he could really be anywhere. He may already be watching me from the shadows. I wouldn't know any better if he were.

"Rebecca?!" a familiar voice calls from out of no where.

I gasp. It's Grandma's voice. My grandparents are here somewhere.

"Honey, where are you?!" Grandma calls out.

All the walls and precautions I had set up in my mind come crashing down. Worry for my grandparents' well-being replaces them.