10 | meet the family

***********************************************************************

I'm hyperventilating. I'm about to explode. I'm about to lose my mind. In just less than an hour, Edward is coming to pick me up and take me to his house. I'm not ready! I'm not ready at all! Both mentally nor physically.

I quickly scramble towards my closet for something to wear. I can't decide if I want to wear something casual or a little more formal. This is my first time officially meeting Edward's whole family, so I want to make a good first impression. I spot my favorite khaki skirt in the back of the closet. I usually only wear it to church, but this occasion calls for an outfit with just the right balance of casual and formal. And as far as I have in my outfit collection, the khaki skirt will have to do. I also remember how Edward told me he was from the 1900s, and in that time, I'm pretty sure a female's normal attire was made up of skirts, so this outfit is perfect, right?

I take it off its hangar and lay it on the bed. Then, I find a black shirt with short sleeves to go with the skirt. With my outfit picked out, I change into it, slipping on a small sweater and some flats on my feet afterward. After doing my hair and freshing up a bit, I go and stand in front of the mirror. I actually look not too shabby if I do say so myself.

Beep! Beep! Goes a car horn

He's here.

Gulp.

*Time Skip*

Edward drives me up to a large, fancy house in the middle of no where. At least, it feels like we're in the middle of no where since we've been driving through the woods for a while. I gaze up at the Cullens' house in amazement, utterly stunned. It's huge with glass windows and doors, as well as what appears to be a large garage. I'm thoroughly intimidated now just from the mere size of their home.

Edward gets out of the car first. I wait for him as he comes around to the other side of the car. He does it so fast that I suspect that he might have used his super speed. Edward is such a gentleman, not letting me spend a second of unsureness without him.

He opens the passenger door for me, and I get out. After closing it back up, he leads me to the front door of the house.

I suddenly feel completely out of place. This is a bit out of my comfort zone. "I feel so overdressed," I mumble.