3 | the talk

***********************************************************************

I walk out of biology class feeling completely off and uncomfortable. Edward and I staring at each other had completely weirded me out. The whole experience was just plain weird period. I don't even know how I'm going to make it through the rest of the school year if I have to sit next to him every day. How could a super gorgeous hottie turn out to be some weirdo? Just my luck I guess, the second I think something good is happening, things go for a full three-sixty turn for the worst.

I hear footsteps coming up from behind me. I turn to see that it's just Bella. "Hey, um, what class do you have next?" she asks curiously.

I pull out my schedule and scan it over. "I have a study hall next period."

Bella's face falters a bit.  "Oh, well, that's too bad. I have Precalculus."

"Hey, um," I stammer, "before you go, do you need anything from the office? I'm heading there now to get a copy of my school account password."

Bella nods. "Um, yeah, I was actually just heading there. Could you get me a hot lunch sign up sheet? I kinda need one." She smiles shyly.

"Yeah sure." I smile.

After that, Bella and I go our separate ways. As I'm walking towards the school office, my head feels empty. I really just can't focus on anything after what happened in biology class. When I finally reach the office, I open the door and step inside.

I freeze in my tracks at the sight of Edward. My eyes grow wide. You have got to be kidding me.

"There must be something open," Edward says to the school office desk lady. "Physics? Biochem?"

I frown. I don't believe it. Edward is literally trying to drop out of biology because of me. What in the world did I do to make him resent me so much?

"No, every class is full," the desk lady says apologetically. The desk lady notices my presence. "Just a minute, dear," she tells me.

I cringe. She just had  to announce my presence to Edward. Although, Edward gives me nothing more than just a quick glance.

"I'm afraid you'll have to stay in biology," the desk lady informs Edward.

"Fine," Edward sighs, "just . . . I'll just have to endure it." Edward takes his things and swiftly walks past me before swinging the door open and closed behind him.

I blink my eyes exasperatedly. What is his problem?!

*Time Skip*

"So . . . how was your first day?" Grandma questions excitedly.

I finish swallowing a piece of lasagna before answering. "It was good. I made friends with the police officer's daughter. Her name is Bella. She and I kinda stuck together a lot since neither of us really had a clue how things worked. I also made a few other friends too."