Ι sat next to her, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Eve?" she looked at me, tears in her eyes.  "Leave" she whispered, and my chest tightened. 

"Don't-"

"-No you don't Aiden. Ever since you came here I've been a mess. I don't want this anymore" she said, pulling away from me. "You don't mean that" I said, feeling like someone was pulling the ground from under my feet. 

"I don't know what I mean anymore. You said you want us to be together and then you came here with her. You haven't stopped touching her all night, Aiden." her voice broke and I wrecked my brain to find a good answer, but nothing came up. She was right.  

As if she read my thoughts, she continued. "I know I'm right. I just don't know how many times I have to tell you, I can't wait for you anymore. This is our senior prom and I wanted to spend it with you. Now instead of that, Im here crying because of you" she said and my mouth fell open. 

"I made you cry?" I questioned, my voice barely audible. "Can you just go?" she asked again. You lost, Black. 

Feeling utterly defeated, I looked at my car that was parked nearby, contemplating taking it for a drive where I could remind myself how much I've truly fucked up my life, as well as hers. I got up, ready to leave, but then an idea popped in my head. 

"You said you wanted to spend prom with me?" I questioned and she frowned. "What difference does that make sense, now?" she asked and I smiled, extending my hand for her to take. 

"You can. Come" I told her, and she reluctantly got up, her beautiful features distorted as her cheeks were wet, her eyes were puffy and her frown deepened. 

She placed her hand in mine delicately and I led us to entrance in the front of the school, walking inside quickly. "Where are we going?" she asked, her tone demanding. "You'll see" was my simple reply, and I could tell she didn't like it. 

Evelyn's POV 

"If you don't tell me where we're going, I'm not coming" I said firmly, taking my hand away. He sighed. "You wanted a prom. I can't take you to the real thing, so I'll make a makeshift one." he explained. 

"What about your girlfriend? " I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. He came closer to me, making me lift my chin to look at him. "I'll make sure, next time you use that word, you'll be referring to yourself" he said and I gulped, trying my best to keep the tough facade going. 

"Shall we?" he asked, and I nodded. He opened the door to what looked like the janitors closet. Walking inside, I looked around the room, full of boxes and old equipment. 

Aiden found a box of candles from a school play and lit them. Along with the music that could still be heard from the main room, he managed to make quite the atmosphere. "It's not what you expected, but it's...something" he said and I gave him a quick smile, before going back to my act. 

I knew he had the power to make me forget everything and fall right in his arms, so as much as I enjoyed the gesture I knew I shouldn't show it too much. 

He closed the door behind us, looking both ways warily before doing so. he turned to me, showingh me his open hand. "Dance with me" he proposed but I didn't move. "Please" he added, his eyes losing their usual ardency. 

I put my hand in his, and instantly he pulled me against him. My breath hitched as I looked up at him. His hand guided my own to his shoulders, while his went to my waist. 

"Have I told you how gorgeous you look in this dress?" he asked and I shook my head. "If my memory's right you were busy complimenting Lindsay" I responded and he huffed. "If this is how you wanna play, we can play..." he stated, looking away for a moment.