Chapter 66 - Slashed

Start from the beginning

With reluctance, I have to take shower because I do not want Xavier's marks and prints gone from my body. Changing into new clothes and making sure no marks on my neck is visible, I begin to open the shopping bags.

Ian even has taken away my credit card therefore I have to use his. If the card was mine, I would have used it precisely but since it's his, I plan to make him go bankrupt. That devil would definitely check in to see what I bought. Just to make sure if I was actually shopping.

I am trying really hard not to fuck up. If even by any chance, Ian gets the hint that I have been sneaking to meet Xavier, he would go crazy and definitely hurt everyone within his reach. Though his anger is less aggressive and loud but more psychotic and gruesome in a calm way.

My chain of thoughts is interrupted when a knock echoes through the room and closet. My body does not react as I know it's not Ian -he never knocks. "Come in!" I shout to the person before the door opens and closes gently.

"Miss. Colson," Grey appears at the entrance of the closet, "Sir sent me here to inform you that he will be having some guests tonight. He requested you to be dressed up by seven." My eyebrows frown upon his words but so do his.

"Yeah, no, he didn't request it. More like demanded," Grey scoffs and rolls his eyes before leaning against the wall.

I let out a chuckle and nod, "You just cleared my confusion. Here, come sit down."

"But sir-," He hesitates.

"He can't do shit. Plus, you are my bodyguard. You are supposed to help me whenever I need," I point to all the shopping bags to which nods and eventually sits down on the carpeted floor. "So, did he tell you who the guests are?"

"No, he didn't," He mutters, taking out a box of Channel out of the packet, "He strictly ordered all the maids to make everything look perfect and neat."

"Is he inviting the Angels of Death?" I snort, causing Grey to laugh along me. Once our laughs die, Grey looks straight ahead.

"I wish," His fingers grip the ribbon wrapped around the box. My weary eyes wander on his hands and I can't help but notice his knuckles turning white.

"Why do you deal with him? You know, you can just quit," I mumble under my breath.

His head turns a bit to his right, towards me, his eyes still fixated ahead, "Revenge. I know I cannot do much damage to him but I can help the ones suffering under his control."

I stay silent as he continues, "It cost me a lot," His fingers point onto the scar across his face, "But I am still holding myself upright because all I need is revenge." My hand grips his shoulder in a soothing manner.

At first I despised him for not only showing me how my father was in danger but also holding Joseph at gunpoint. He has always been around me since that day. He was very quiet and emotionless for a week before he eventually let me know that he was on my side. He helped me reach out to Xavier on the phone and also physically.

"You will get your revenge upon him, Grey. I promise, I will help you. Even if you want to stab him to death fifty times, I will help you." I radiate a smile to which he nods, the corner of his lips tugging up.

"Make that hundred times," I chuckle upon his words.

"You know you can talk about it," I encourage him to talk about his past story which led him to have a huge scar on his face.

Grey stares on the floor before taking a deep breath, "My Dad used to work for his father. Ian and I were very close when we were kids. We used to hang out all the time and even went to the same school. Obviously, my Dad couldn't pay all of it so Ian's father jumped in to help in exchange for my dad to work for him.