Chapter-35 Promise

Start from the beginning

Yeah, he is Sanjay Saho who is the CEO of the Saho group, and a good friend of mine.

"You can call me Megha," I chuckled. He usually calls me Sehari.

"Are you flirting with my wife, ignoring me?" Karthik asked Sanjay playfully while wrapping his hand around my waist.

"How can I ignore you, man?" Sanjay chuckled and gave Karthik a friendly hug. "By the way, I am not flirting with your wife."

"And once again, congratulations on your success," he said with a smile, and that is a genuine one while handing me a flower bouquet.

"Thank you once again, and you are also part of my success as it started from you," I said gratefully.

"What was that?" Karthik asked as his eyebrows made a thin line.

"Sanjay is the first one to encourage me. He gave me the chance to prove myself when no one trusted me. He said a woman is no less than a man," I explained.

Yes, he is the one who supported me when everyone discouraged me and never gave me a chance just because I am a woman.

Karthik smiled at him.

"Oh, looking like you all are busy," I heard another voice, and it belongs to a woman whom I admire the most. She was a true inspiration to me.

I hugged her as soon as I saw her. She also hugged me, patting my back.

"Congratulations, my dear," she congratulated me with a big smile.

"Thank you, Aadhya," I replied, giving back the same smile.

She is Aadhya, CEO of the Golden leaf company. She has gone through so much to build her own emperor. Not only me, all the people knew what she experienced, it was worse than death and she was truly an inspiration for all the women.

Today she came with her four years old daughter Rose.

"Hi, Rose," I exclaimed cheerfully, and kissed her cheek.

"Hello, aunt," she replied cutely.

Aadhya is very protective of her daughter; she doesn't let anyone, particularly any man, touch her.
I don't know why, but she is always different towards Sanjay and Karthik. She let them talk and touch her daughter.

"Hi, Rose," Karthik said, ruffling her hair.

"Hi, uncle, but you are messing up my hair," she replied cutely with her baby voice while fixing her hair, and we all laughed.

"You are pretty, Rose," Sanjay said and gave her a chocolate from his pocket.

"Thank you, uncle," she replied happily, taking the chocolate from him.

In all these fake smiles, I found these two genuine people by my side, and it made me so happy.

I looked at Karthik, who was already looking at me adoringly. He smiled as he wrapped his hand around me and I curled in his embrace like it's the safest place in the world.

Some mock me, many taunt me with negative comments and some people spread rumors about me, but there are many who appreciate me, who encourage me, so I consider the people who appreciate me as me and I will keep going.

My husband is with me and I don't care about anything else now.
.
.
.

"I wish I was with you from the start," Karthik mumbled while driving as we were going home after the event.

"Trust me you are with me... And it's all started with you," I assured him.

"Don't try to convince me, Megha," he replied.

"It's true, Karthik, remember you once said, if you can't take the failure today then how can you face the success tomorrow."

"Yeah, but I am sure I didn't say it to you," he responded.

Yup, but I heard it and that comforted me a lot when I was facing failures everyday.

"And you also said, success is more dangerous than failure. If you get success once, then you will be addicted to it and it will make you fear failure."

"Ok but how do you know this, Megha? I told these things to my friend on the phone."

"I am sorry but I overheard those things when you were talking with your friend, and thank you You motivated me."

"That day I was very low that I lost many contracts and I was on the verge of giving up, but your words motivated me a lot, then I again resumed my hard work. Finally, Sanjay gave me the first chance," I explained.
.
.
.

"Karthik help me to remove this necklace," I asked as I was changing into normal clothes.

He already changed into sweatpants and a tee shirt.

"Ok," he said and removed the hook of my necklace, lingering his fingers on my neck more than needed.

I shivered when his lips touched my neck giving me goosebumps. He slowly turned me to face him and made his way to my neck again. I clutched his shirt in a tight grip and titled my head to give him more access.

"Aahh," I moaned and gripped his hair when he bit my neck leaving his mark.

He stopped kissing and hugged me pressing my head to his chest and kissed the top of my head.

"This is sorry for not being able to be there for you from the start, and a promise to stand with you from now on till the end."

My eyes turned glossy as I stared at him. His eyes are twinkling and his smile is saying that he is happy. If he is happy, then I am happy too.

Smiling with content, I hugged him again and kissed his chest.

-----

After one month.

I walked into my office while Mr. Williams followed me, closing the door behind his back.

"Is everything ready?"

"Yeah, Ms. Sehari, all set," he replied firmly.

"Then reveal the first news to press and leak the video on various platforms," I replied to him with a smirk.

***

Is she still hiding something??

How is the update??

Do vote and comment your thoughts.. It motivates me to write more.. ❣️❣️

💜💜