And so it was. - Second from Last. (REVISED)

Start from the beginning

And, lastly, I looked at him.

He was changed, what happened to him changed him. His look wasn't the one I remembered and he looked at me naturally, not showing a bit of surprise at my new hair color or at my new tattoos.

"We need to get out quickly. Ben, stay on the left and Kevin on the right. Alex, Avi and Candice, let's clean up the mess and take care of the cameras." I quickly said as they prefer to say absolutely nothing and do what I said, leaving me and him face to face. "S-Scott... Look, I..." I was about to speak when he got up and left, probably to help Alex, Avi and Dice.

I decided not to say anything and helped them. When it was finished, we ran towards the car again. The guards were all dead and new ones were probably on their way here.

"We need to get out now!" Dice said for the first time as she looked at me. We ran together and we entered the car, now a bit smaller than before.

******

As we got there, Todrick was at the door and everyone looked at him weirded out, not knowing who he was.

"Mitch, Mike is inside and he still wants to talk to you." Todrick said and I ran inside, rushing upstairs and entering the guest room. He was laying down with a band-aid on his wound, while Audrey tried to calm him down. He was pale, his mouth was dry... he wasn't going to make it.

"Mike..." I whispered running towards his while the others followed me and stayed at the door. "That shot wasn't supposed to hit you, it was supposed to hit me." I knelt on the floor, face to face with him.

"I-I want to tell you a story, can I?" he murmured and I quickly nodded. "A few years ago, my girlfriend gave birth to a boy." he smiled and I remembered his son, who was probably not going to be notified once his dad died. "His mom died when giving birth to him. He was the most loved boy in the whole United Kingdom." he smiled. "And his dad abandoned him." I got up and stared at him, with no reaction. "Please don't do what I did, listen to me." he licked his lips while I bit my jaw, holding back my tears. "I was young, I wanted to be free and..."

"Don't continue." I said, looking at him.

"I had to have enough time but I don't." my heart was skipping beats at every word. "He met a family." he looked at everyone in the room. "I wasn't sure if he'd make it, but a certain boy helped him." he smiled and weakly coughed. "When I went to visit him, he said it that he was the best and that he'd protect you: even if one of you had to die." he whispered while swallowing the saliva he didn't have. "But you're mine, and I'm not gonna let you get hurt. Above me, only you. Above you, only me." he smiled, staring at me.

"Are you my dad?" I asked, letting the tears fall down my face. "I've been looking for you for so long... On my God Michael you're my dad!" I hugged him and he managed to kiss my forehead, even though he was weak.

"I'm sorry for this..."

"Don't say a word." I said, petting his face. "Please, I'm so sorry."

"Forgive me, Mitch..." he held my hand.

"I love you, dad." I said, looking at him as he smiled and cried at the same time.

"Son." he smiled. "Son, I never thought I'd say this, but..." he looked at everyone again. "I wanna ask you something." I nodded. "Be the best alpha man that a gang has ever had, because you're... y-you're n-not..." he was going to continue but he squeezed my hand, trying to find the strength to talk.

My reaction was crying, my anger for all that happened was consuming me and the fact that he was dying because of me made me even angrier. He was my dad, and he sacrificed himself for me.