Chapter 15 A Painful Past

Start from the beginning

Ash: If you don't mind me asking, how did she...?

Shirona took a deep breath, before speaking again.

Shirona: She... She was crushed to death by a cave in, saving Nhazul's life...

Once again, everyone other then Kukui looked at Shirona shocked.

Lana: Saving Nhazul...?

Lillie: What happened to cause that situation?

Shirona just sadly chuckled.

Shirona: To tell you that, I need to give you some context about Nhazul. Would any of you believe it if I told you that Nhazul when he was a little kid, he was a big cry baby and was scared to death of touching Pokémon?

Everyone other then Kukui looked at Shirona surprised.

Ash: No way!

Mallow: Nhazul was afraid of touching Pokémon?

Shirona: That's right. Truthfully, we're not sure as to why? He used to love interacting with Pokémon, but one day he just started to be afraid of them. He became such a huge crybaby when he was little. Always attached to someone's hip. Despite being terrified of touching them, he still loved them. He was inspired by what his sister told him. "There's many different kinds of relationships between humans and Pokémon. How you want to interact with Pokémon and what kind of relationship you wish to have is entirely up to you."

Lillie's eyes widened when Shirona said that.

(Flashback)

Nhazul: You know, growing up, I had a friend who was just like you, Lillie.

Lillie: Huh?

Nhazul: He loved Pokémon so much, but he was such a cry baby and was afraid of getting anywhere close to them, so he always watched them from afar. His older sister would always say this to him... "There's many different kinds of relationships between humans and Pokémon. "

Eevee then walked up to Nhazul and smiled at him.

Nhazul: "How you want to interact with Pokémon and what kind of relationship you wish to have is entirely up to you."

(Present)

Lillie: He... He was taking about himself back then...?

Shirona: He took what she said to heart, and thought of what he wished to do, and found a goal he wanted to work towards.

Shirona reached into her bag and pulled out a scrapbook, handing it to everyone. Lana was the one to open it and everyone was surprised to see it be full of photography grade pictures.

Lillie: Wow!

Lillie: Wow!