Chapter 1: Letter

I woke to my brother dramatically 'playing' his guitar. I was waiting for my letter to come. I had moved from the U.S. to Britain, so I am getting enrolled into Hogwarts this year. I'm will be joining in sixth year. " Y/N!!!!," Screeched my mother's voice from across the hall. "Commingg." I got dressed into normal summer clothes since it was so hot.

(That's what you wore, if you don't like it you can think of something else)

It was August, and very hot. When I came downstairs my mother's muggle boyfriend, Issac, was there. I turned to leave, but before I could I heard a familiar voice. " Hey there munchkin, wow you've gotten big!," He said. "Thanks? It's only been like, a week." My mother looked at me in her 'you shouldn't have said it in that tone' look. I shrugged my shoulders, and went to my room. But when I saw my clock, it. was. Sunday. Post doesn't come on Sundays. I didn't know what to do. I looked out my window and saw an owl. The owl was holding a letter. The owl came to my window and dropped the letter. It had my name on it, it was ADDRESSED to me! I quickly opened it up it was an invitation to Hogwarts! I ran to tell my mother, but she was with ISsAc. So I just sat and waited. She and Issac were definitely doing something up there. When mom came down she looked tired as hell. "Are you okay?," I asked.  " Yes, just did some HARD work,"😏 she said winking. I knew what she meant so I stood there wide-eyed. "Umm... Ok?.. But... My letter came!!" I stood there trying to stay calm. "Oh to that wizard school?" "Yep! Well wizards and witc-" "Well you can't go there" "But moth-," she cut me off again. "No buts, you have to take of your brother for me!" "Ughhh" I screamed stomping up the stairs. I had locked the door to my room, I got to figure out a way to get to Hogwarts.