Chapter 68: Of Course, You Have to Meet Your Father-in-Law During New Year's

Start from the beginning

Shen Jintai didn't know why this thought suddenly appeared in his heart. He couldn't help but grinned widely: "Alright then."

Yan Qiuchi didn't know why Shen Jintai suddenly smiled. He felt the smile was warm and bright and it made him nervous again. After Shen Jintai got up and left the room, Yan Qiuchi returned to his seat and started reading the script. Reading only less than a page, he got up again and went to the bathroom to look in the mirror. His hair was messy, but his face looked clean, and his clothes were tidy. There was nothing out of place.

He used to have no feelings towards Shen Jintai's expressions, but now he would spend hours speculating about a casual smile.

The New Year's break was too short. Shen Jintai had to return to the crew to resume work the next day.

"How long will it take for you to finish?" Yan Yaoxuan asked him.

Shen Jintai: "The schedule set by the crew is about the end of this month. If it is actually filmed, it will be take about half a month. I don't know what will be deleted or added later."

"I just want to know the ending for Li Xu," Mrs. Yan said: "I heard my friend say your character goes crazy in the end."

"The original work is like this. He did too much evil and was driven crazy by He Lanbi." This was one of the most exciting parts of the original work and one of the best highlights for the heroine.

"Why is this He Lanbi so annoying," Mrs. Yan said: "The staff at home, as well as my friends, all hate her."

"She is the heroine, and her three views* are quite correct," Shen Jintai said with a smile: "You are looking at it from Li Xu's standpoint. In fact, from the standpoint of the heroine, there is nothing wrong with her."

*Reminder: three views = worldview, outlook of life, values.

"There's nothing wrong with it. It's understandable when I think about it, but it's just not flattering." Mrs. Yan said: "Anyway, we all think so. It would be great if you could defeat her."

Mrs. Yan's opinion represented most passersby's. Preconceived notions had already been formed. Everyone's empathy was on Li Xu's side, and they sympathized that he was forced to path of evil.

"By the way," Mrs. Yan asked Yan Qiuchi: "Have you finished reading the script that Xiao Jin gave you? What did you think?"

"The story is okay, but the commercial nature is relatively poor." Yan Qiuchi said: "I have sent it to the editorial and review department to let them audit and evaluate it."

"What script?" Yan Yaoxuan asked.

"Xiao Jin picked up a script recently. The story is very good, but it may not be a blockbuster type, and he haven't been able to attract investment. I asked him to show it to your brother." Mrs. Yan glanced at Shen Jintai with a smile.

Shen Jintai felt that Mrs. Yan was trying to hint something at him. She was also the one who suggested to him to ask Yan Qiuchi about it in the first place.

"How much do you need for an investment?" Yan Yaoxuan said: "If it's not enough, I'll sponsor it."

"You have a lot of money now?" Yan Qiuchi said coldly: "Do you think your tuition and living expenses are free for next semester?"

"I have enough to cover them." Yan Yaoxuan said. He didn't understand his brother's brain circuit at all. Didn't his brother like Shen Jintai? If he had the money, power, and connection, he wouldn't hesitate to help Shen Jintai make movies. Whatever Shen Jintai wanted to film, he would handily give. He would open his own company dedicated to making him a superstar!