Chapter 12

"Books! Books! Books!" I chanted as I skipped towards the book store.

"Y/N, w-wait up!"

I stopped and turned around with a laugh. "Come one, Chongyun! You too, Xingiu!"

Today, I invited Xingqiu and Chongyun to the book store with me. I needed to buy some new science books for class but also I wanted some opinions on novels to read. Who better to ask than a book worm and his "boyfriend."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm going to go look in the science section for the books I need for class."

"Chongyun and I will be in the novels section, my liege."

I waved off to them and took out my phone for the list of books I needed. It's a short list but one that I would not like to remember. There weren't too many books in the science section but it was still hard to find the ones I needed.

"Excuse me, are you looking for something?"

"Oh, Hi! I'm looking for these books, do you know where they are?"

The person had short blonde hair with braids on each side of his head. I feel like I've seen him at school before.

The blonde haired boy looked at my phone and nodded. "Yes, I needed those as well. This way."

I followed the boy to the other side of the bookshelf I had been searching. He took the books from the two bottom shelves and handed them to me.

"Thank you very much! Also, you look familiar. Do you go to the same school as me?"

"Your welcome. Indeed I do. We are in the same science class you know." He sighed.

"R-really? Sorry, I don't really uh... talk to people so..."

"No worries. My name is Albedo."

"Nice to meet you, Albedo. My name's Y/N. Unless you already know that-"

Albedo responded with a small laugh and waved bye. I waved to him and went over to the novels section, where Xingqiu and Chongyun were.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I got the books I needed guys!"

"Oh, I did find this book you might need."

Xingqiu handed me the book. It was called Ways to Keep a Relationship. I looked at Xingiu annoyed.

"Seriously? I think Kazuha and I will be just fine without a book telling us how to take care of each other."

"Y/N, what about this book?"

Chongyun came around a book shelf and handed me a book. This time it was an actual novel. It was called The Diamond Eye. I've read this book before already. It was a good book.

(A/N: If you haven't read "The Diamond Eye" by Kate Quinn, I recommend it! It's a really good book about a mother in the Soviet Union who becomes a Russian sniper during the Hitler invasion.)

"I've actually already read this book, Chongyun."

"Oh."

I decided to take a look at the shelf myself. One of the books caught my eye. Book of Night. I read the description and decided to take it. Xingiu looked through more books for himself as Chongyun tried to help give recommendations (unsuccessfully).

(A/N: I just started "Book of Night" by Holly Black. It's a really good story so far. Definitely recommend this as well. ;w;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kazuha I'm back!"

I walked in and placed my bags onto the table as I heard Kazuha run down the stairs.

"Welcome back, Y/N." Kazuha greeted me before kissing my forehead.

"I got a few snacks from the bakery that I thought you might like."

I handed Kazuha a cookie and he smiled.

"What did I do to deserve you?" He replied, taking a bite out of the cookie.

"What do you mean? I'm just any ordinary girl, Kazuha."

"Hm. I disagree with that statement." Kazuha wrapped his arms around my waist as he continued to take bites out of the cookie.

"Then, what do you think of me?"

"Where should I start? From when I first met you or from when we began dating?"

"Let's go with from when we began dating, but I am curious about what you thought when we first met."

"Okay, well you are the most beautiful, kindest, loveliest, wonderful person I've ever met. You're always so energetic and even when you were down, I can't help but think about how lucky I am to have you."

I choked on the juice I was drinking. "That's- alot. I didn't know you thought of me that way."

"What? Do you not believe me?" Kazuha replied with a serious tone while he pinned me to the wall.

"What- no. It's not that. I-"

"Kazuha- what the heck?!" I yelled as he pulled back from the kiss.

"Do you believe me now?"

"Stupid... I was just about to tell you that I would believe almost anything you say." I pouted.

Kazuha only laughed. I really am one lucky person.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I hope you take my book recommendations and didn't find them annoying :P Also double update! Yeah!