Chapter 10 Part 2: Escape Of The Pailsman

Start from the beginning

  A spider with udders approaches Luz, holding a bucket. The spider demon growls at Luz.

  Luz looks at the spider warily, then looks at Owlbert. She had to do this. For Owlbert. "All right. Come here, pal. Let's do this."

  The spider demon squeals as it runs away from Luz.

  "If you run, you'll just make this harder for yourself!" Luz calls out as she chased the spider.

  As Luz finishes her first task, a fire extinguished from beside the Bat Queen.

  "Remove bees nest."

  Luz climbs a tree, empty staff in hand. A giant buzzing bees nest is sitting in one of the branches. She raises the staff to smack the nest, but it turns into the head of a giant bee that screeches at her.]

  Luz yelps in surprise, causing her to fall out of the tree. She quickly began running past Willow, Gus, and (Y/n), screaming as the bee screeching after her.

  "Come on. Almost got it." After struggling for a bit, Gus was able to free himself from the webs with his flags. "I am free! Bat Queen, you will rue the day you tried to trap‐‐"

  But the Bat Queen he traps him again, this time suspended from the ceiling.

  (Y/n) tries her best not to laugh as Gus had an angered scowl. "Aaah!"

  A second flame goes out.

  "Give babies a bath!" Bat Queen demanded.

  Luz was now scrubbing one baby bat, sitting on another, a third biting her shoulder. They're all covered in suds and screeching.

  "Go, Luz!" Willow cheers.

  "Luz, we're here if you need us!" Gus calls out.

  "Cut us free. We can get Eda!" (Y/n) says as she continues to struggle.

  Luz shakes her head, "no, I was selfish. I hurt Owlbert. I need to do this alone so he knows I care about him." Luz then dumps barrel of water over the baby bats.

  The bat babies screeching stops and turns around to show their hair neat and faces shiny.

  "Aw!" Luz coos.

  But, the bat babies then shake their heads, returning to normal and screeched.

  Luz screams in shock.

  The third flame goes out.

  Gus frees himself from the web again, landing in a handstand. "Yes! I am free again. I--"

  Webs encase him yet again. He screams, muffled, and waves his legs.

  (Y/n) holds back a laugh, resulting it into a snort.

  Luz huffs, "okay, Bat Queen. That's the last one. I've done all your chores. And I've proved my dedication to Owlbert. I'm so sorry for the pain I caused you, Owlbert. I promise to be more careful. Will you come back home with me?"

  Owlbert nods and hoots. He flies off of Bat Queen's perch to the ground.

  But then the Bat Queen raises her claw, and webs encase Owlbert causing Owlbert to let out a surprised squawk.

  "No! More trails. Last trial. You must face... me!" The Bat Queen declares as she expands her wings, a jet of flames going up behind her.

  Luz looks up, bewildered and panicked. "What?"

  The Bat Queen roars, flies forward at Luz. "You will never get him back!"

  Luz screamed and runs away as the Bat Queen tries to attack her.