"have fun with joanne," chrissy smirked. "tell her i said hi."

tillie furrowed her brows in confusion at chrissy's tone, but waved goodbye and exited the kitchen.

what she didn't realize, was that chrissy knew joanne's exact location. the redhead was currently out shopping for a new dress for the party that weekend, in fact, she was going to leave to go join the girl soon.

"bye," tillie yelled, leaving the house and closing the door behind her. she looked up the street and recognize eddie's van up the road.

he honked his horn at her, sticking his head out the window as she walked towards him. "i'm here to pick up a miss matilda cunningham."

matilda rolled her eyes. "you're so weird," she said, approaching the passenger door. eddie leant across and opened it, allowing her to step inside.

"buckle up, princess," he told her. "my castle awaits."

📻🪐🏹

FEBRUARY 24TH, 1986
📍forest hills trailer park
15:29 PM

pulling up to his trailer, eddie sighed. "looks a little different from yours, huh?" he said, getting out of the car. he walked round to tillie's side and helped her out, closing the car door behind her.

they headed towards the trailer door, and eddie took out his keys to unlock it. "mi casa es su casa," he smiled, letting her enter first.

she strolled inside, eyes scanning the small space. it was the exact opposite of her own house.

"it's not much, i know," eddie stated, walking up behind her. "but it's home."

"i like it," she told him. "my house, it's all polished and perfect. leave a speck of dirt anywhere and mother won't let you live it down. everywhere always has to be clean, and sparkling, just in case guests come. can't let them think bad of us if there's a little dust in the carpet," she joked lightly. "my house, it's just a house. not a home."

eddie sighed, unsure of what to say. instead, he grabbed her hand gently and began pulling her. "my room is this way."

they entered his room, and tillie was not surprised one bit. "this is exactly how i imagined your room looking."

eddie chuckled, walking towards his guitar. "hey, sweetheart," he said, pressing a kiss to the instrument. he pointed to tillie. "meet my other sweetheart."

matilda flushed, moving closer to eddie and his guitar. "so, this is the owner of your heart, huh?"

"one of them," he replied, watching her gently run her things across the strings.

tillie cocked her head to the side. "can you play me something?"

"right now?" eddie queried.

"yeah, just give me a little taste," she smiled.

"okay," eddie nodded, pulling his guitar down from the wall. putting the strap around his body, he took a seat on his bed, gesturing for tillie to do the same.

she sat beside him, and he began playing a small beat as she watched with a grin on her face. "okay, that's all you're getting," he blushed, removing the strap from around his body.

"that was good!" matilda exclaimed proudly. "i wish i was allowed to play it. but no, classical instruments only. piano and violin are my shit."

eddie laughed lightly. "you can try it, if you want."

"what? playing it?" matilda asked with a slight gasp, receiving a nod in response. "okay.."

eddie handed her the guitar, and she positioned it in her hands like he had. "like this, right?"

"yeah," eddie confirmed. "now, just strum."

matilda let her fingers gently glide down the strings, eddie watching her concentrated face adoringly.

he laughed at the poor result of sound that came out. "that was pathetic."

"leave me alone, you bully," she told him. her eyes darted to the head of the guitar. "if i hold down some of these strings, it will make different notes, right? like a violin does." eddie nodded. "how do i make c chord?"

"well," eddie started. "i'll just show you."

he shuffled over towards her, repositioning himself so he was now sat behind her. he reached around her, using his fingers to guide hers into the right position to produce a c chord.

matilda froze, feeling his soft breaths against her neck and his stomach up against her back. she felt her body heat at how intimate their arrangement was.

"just like that," eddie whispered. "now try." tillie strummed the strings again, receiving a clear, pitched sound. "there you go, you're a pro. maybe you should join the band."

tillie giggled, turning her head round to look up at him. she didn't realize how close to her he really was, and was surprised by the narrow distance between their faces.

they gazed into each other's eyes for a short moment, before eddie's view subconsciously drifted to her lips, making the blonde panic.

she broke the eye contact, looking to the left and clearing her throat. "well, we should probably get started on the actual work."

eddie nodded, moving away from her, and tillie felt the warmth leave with him. "right, right."

📻🪐🏹

eddie please teach me how to play guitar thank you

literally had to use google to help me write the guitar scenes because i know nothing about them so if there is something wrong with them blame google ok

fun fact though i actually do play violin & piano!

we're almost at 3k reads which is crazy! thank you guys so much!! <3

WORD COUNT — 1478.