Chapter 3 - Oddly Presence

Start from the beginning

"We need to distract the Blackcrow while Cole tries to get the stone back to me. Once they find out that Cole attempted to steal it, it won't be such an easy task anymore. And with that, we would lose another source of power." Tricon had a point which let Mobulous sink into deeper thought. He couldn't risk potentially losing another powerful resource. Even if Cole was clumsy, he was still very useful to the lord. General Cole could tell him about everything that had been going on in the Wildwhirl's space station, where Pitch had established himself. Sure, Lord Mobulous could still easily locate them to destroy the station, but it was too risky to potentially be scanned by them. Mobulous had to stay hidden. He had no other choice.

"A distraction, hm?" The lord kept pondering. His tentacles slowly rolled together and lowered to the ground as he did. He circled around Tricon and stopped in the middle of the throne room. A circle decorated it. Symbols which very few could decipher were seen on it. There was a short moment of silence before a red glow suddenly appeared on the ground.

The demonic lord began a spell to summon someone he had in mind who could be a perfect distraction. Black dust showed up in the air and circled the red ring above. Mobulous' visor became pitch black whilst he cast that spell, but he closed his visor to focus on it. A glowing pentagram appeared below him. Unknown screeching became louder the wind blew faster and faster inside the red circle.

Tricon stepped back to a safe distance. With curiosity, he observed him in silence.

A giant black cloud began to form in front of the lord. Particles from the dust melted together. After the cloud was fully visible, the lord opened his visor again. The wind that resulted from the spell calmed down as well. Mobulous lowered his claws and looked focused and deeply into the black floating cloud in front of him. A dark blue bean was visible in the reflection of his visor.

"Captain Spec." Lord Mobulous greeted the ghost. The black dust was a way to communicate with him. The ghost remained silent, gave a slight nod, and listened.

"I hope your crew is ready for an important mission." Mobulous chuckled to himself.

Sounds of excitement were heard throughout the whole giant Blackcrow spaceship. The ship surely grew. It was huge. It was for sure bigger than the original Blackcrow back then. A rose-colored bean was eager to finally step on this legendary ship. She had heard so many interesting stories about it from her dad and Captain Pitch. The young one saw someone in the middle of the halls. She recognized a familiar, white bean. He wore a chef hat. Starla waved at the bean to get his attention.

"Mr. Food!" Starla yelled through the halls. She last met him in the cafeteria when they served meals together, "I didn't know you'd come with us."

"And I didn't expect to see you on board, Starla." The chef greeted her with a small nod. "How was the meal in the cafeteria? I noticed that you enjoyed it on the space station."

"Oh, it was great!" The rose one complimented him. "The meals are tasting even better now that you're working there!"

Happiness flooded inside the white chef. It was encouraging to hear that from Starla. A few years ago, the white bean got promoted to work in the Wildwhirl's kitchen. He truly enjoyed his time there cooking with the others. It was indeed different than working within a small crew, but he enjoyed it nonetheless.

"That's great to hear. I'm glad that you enjoy it." Mr. Food said and noticed a shadow coming nearer. As he looked behind Starla, he noticed Moon and Captain Hawk walking onto the ship. The chef looked at them surprised. It had been quite a while since they last worked together, "I think we are traveling across the galaxy like in good old times now, hm?"

"Indeed, Mr. Food." Hawk said. He was excited and nervous about it as well. "Although, I'm worried that something bad could happen to my family while we explore Ulgara."