Burning The House Down

Start from the beginning

I contemplated telling him I couldn't cook, but I could do this right? Cooking wasn't that hard right? No problem.

I got up to make his food. I looked around the kitchen lost as to where I should begin. I called DJ but he was still upset at me and didn't pick up.

So I looked up steak and baked potato recipes on my phone.

If I follow instructions I can do this right?

August POV-

I rushed in the kitchen as smoke and the smell of burnt food filled the air. My smoke detector was ringing as well.

I found Jazmine coughing and blowing smoke away as she fanned the air. I opened the windows and patio doors to let the air circulate.

"What happened?" I coughed and fanned smoke away as I looked at the completely charcoaled color steak in the skillet. Grease was everywhere.

And as I examined the contents I realized it wasn't even a steak, it was a lamb chop that I planned on eating later this week.

I opened the oven to see a lone potatoe unwrapped, in the center of the oven. WTF? 😩

I looked over at Jazmine who by now was at the counter crying. I guess this entire relationship I will be using this face 😒😒😒😒😒😒😒. Cause that's exactly how I'm looking.

"Who cooked the lasagna?" I stood with my back against the fridge and arms folded, unbothered by her tears. She could've burned my damn house down.

"DJ." She wiped her eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me you couldn't cook?"

"I didn't want to disappoint you."

"You could've burned down my fucking house. Then what would you have done?"

"I don't know. I'm sorry." She broke down.

I stood there for a minute contemplating saying what I really wanted to say. My mouth can be brutal. And she was already sensitive as hell. So instead I just silently prepared to cook my own food.

"Throw this stuff away." I told her. Talking about this mess she made.

She got up and cleaned up her mess.

"I'm going to just go. You can have your key back." She slid her key toward me on the counter as I got out actual steak and another potato.

"I asked you to cook. That's what you're going to do. Get the foil." I was totally unphased by her attempt to get me to baby her.

That's what she wanted me to do. "Oh jazz it's cool. Oh jazz don't cry babe. Oh jazz...😒" I'm not about to do that.

She brought me the foil.

"You rinse the potato. Oil it. Then put it in the foil." I handed her the potato.

I watched her as she did exactly what I said. "Poke holes in the foil to ventilate it."

She did.

"Get that cookie sheet." I pointed to the cookie sheet. She got it.

"Never put food bare in the oven. Always use something like this. Now put this on there and put it in."

She did.

"You see the oven is on 425. That's the tempt you use. You let it sit in there for about 50 mins. Turning it every 20."

"That's turning it on the other side?" She asked closing the oven.

"Yeah." I rinsed my steak and started seasoning it.

"What about the steak I need to know?"

"I'm going to cook this because you not about to fuck up my good meat. You already burned my lamb chop."

"I thought that was a steak? It looked like steak."

"The package clearly read lamb chop Jazz."

"Sorry."

I prepared the skillet for my steak.

She sat at the counter looking at me with a cute sad face. But I wasn't letting it phase me.

"Are you hungry?" I asked her.

"No I'm okay." She looked down.

"Put you a baked potato in the oven."

"I said it was okay."

I ignored her and did it myself. Along with fixing her a steak.

"Are you mad at me?" She asked me.

"You almost burned down my house. On top of that you lied to me and you the one always talking about honesty. Honesty should go for big and small things." I said cooking the steaks.

"I was just so afraid you wouldn't want me. I'm not good at anything. Sex. Cooking."

I was not going to give her the validation she was looking for by responding. That's not being mean, that's setting up early on in a relationship I'm not about to kiss your ass every 20 seconds. If I didn't want you, we wouldn't be together period.

"I'm going to go back in the living room." She got up and walked in the living room.

-----

"Here." I handed her a plate.

We sat in the living room eating.

"After I eat I'm going to go." She said sadly.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

She was so freaking spoiled it was ridiculous.

"That's cool. I want to be alone anyway." I said wanting to see her reaction.

She gave me the straight face and got up and went in the kitchen.

I smirked and laughed so hard in my mind.

"Jazmine get back in here." I yelled out to her.

She ignored me.

I went in the kitchen to see her eating by herself.

"Why you leave?" I asked playing clueless.

"You obviously don't want me here."

"If that's how you feel then..." I shrugged.

"You are such an asshole."

"Why because I'm not babying you how you want? If that's what you looking for then you with the wrong nigga. Cause I'm not going to tell you a million times a day, what I already show you. I gave you a fucking key to my house. Do you understand my mama ain't even got a key to my house? I have never gave another person keys to my house. T don't have one personally but I told him about my spares in case of an emergency. And even after you almost burn my shit down, I'm letting you keep it. So no. I'm not about to be kissing yo ass every 2o mins, when I have shown you what I feel." I went back in the living room.

After a few minutes she came in there and sat next to me. She kissed my cheek. I turned to her and pecked her lips, then went back to eating.

Let's hope she don't ask about that phone tho bruh. That's a different story😰