TWELVE.

Michael B. Jordan

"Babe,I'm going to have a few drinks with Steelo,I'll be back in 2 hours tops" I said to Lori as I bent down to kiss her on the cheek,but just like always she ignored me.I waited there for like 3 more minutes,waiting for her to respond and when she didn't I just sighed and walked out.

Things have been like this between Lori and I since she came out of hospital.She won't talk to me and I get why,I completely understand where she's coming from but I wish she could give me a chance to explain,a chance to start over.I've decided that I'm going to break up with Lesego and marry Lori like my mom suggested,I mean I've known this girl for the past two years and our relationship was great before I met Sego,we just need to get our mojo back.

I walked into the bar I asked Steelo to meet me at. As soon as I spotted him.

"Sup man" I said,patting him on the back

"Yo,Mike!" He turned around and gave me a hand shake.

"Tell me,why am I here?Oh wait,let me guess...women problems?" He burst out laughing as if he cracked the biggest joke.

"Man,shut up! I only have one woman and that's Lori" I said to him

"Bro,what? Aren't you the same person that told me you were in love with Sigo or what's her name?"

Steelo has been my shoulder to lean on ever since this whole ordeal,he knows me more than anyone,that's why it's been so easy to confide in him.

"I know what I said and I still love her,but I love Lori too,I've been with her for 2years and you know she's a good woman and she loves me. I've decided that I'm going to marry her"

Steelo looked at me like I was crazy for a minute then shook his head "Look man,it's your life, but I just know that you're making the biggest mistake of your life"

"Yeah, whatever"

Lesego Mohapi

"Girl,I'm not fighting with you

"Girl,I'm not fighting with you. I'm just saying you haven't been yourself for a while and I want to know what's wrong" Lee has been interrogating me for the past 45minutes and I'm honestly over it.

"Lethabo,as much as I love you,can you please leave me alone?" I said

"Okay fine,I'll let you be. But before I do,I just want to say that you've changed and I feel like you've been keeping secrets from me and that's not the Lesego I know,I just want my friend back" She got up from my bed and walked out, closing the door behind her.

I honestly hate keeping secrets from my friend,but I can't tell her.I'm so ashamed,especially after Michael's girlfriend got into an accident I somehow blame myself and I feel like he blames me too,because he hasn't been giving me the attention that he used to.A part of me feels like we are over.

One thing I know is that I am not getting an abortion,I'm going to keep this baby and I won't tell Michael about it.I don't want to ruin his relationship especially when I feel like Lori needs him more than I do.

Lethabo Mokoena

After my chat with Lesego I decided to text her little sister and find out if she maybe knows something because I feel helpless right now.

Sego and I have been close for a very long time and she's always trusted me with everything.She's told me everything about her and I don't know why she's decided to keep secrets from me.I feel like I've always been a good friend and I don't judge her,I listen when she speaks and I give my honest opinion,so I really hope that whatever it is going through isn't as bad as she's making it up to be.

***

3months later...

Michael B. Jordan

"Steelo,are you sure everything is set? Music? Camera crew?"

"Bro,I got you. Everything is ready" Steelo reassured me as he patted me on my back.

"I don't mean to upset,but I gotta ask one more time,are you sure about this?"

"Of course,I'm sure"

Today is the day that I propose to Lori.

After weeks and weeks of apologizing and showing Laurie how sorry I am,she finally decided to give us a chance again.

When I decided that I'm going to break up with Lesego,I called her and before I even said anything she broke up with me,but I swear I could see it in her eyes that she didn't want to do this,but maybe she could feel that,that was what I was gonna do and she beat me to the punch.

To be honest,it broke my heart but I'm glad she's the one that broke up with me instead,because I don't think I would have been able to break her heart like that.

"Dude,it's time" I fixed my suit and walked into the restaurant.

I rented Lori's favourite restaurant and got a string band to perform. I am nervous as hell,but I can do this.

I sent a car to go pick Lori up and she arrived 10minutes after me.

When she walked in she looked surprised and happy "Damn, she looks so beautiful" I thought to myself.

"Michael! This is so beautiful" she kissed me as soon as she reached me.

"I'm glad you like it. Have a seat"
I pulled her chair for her.

We had our dinner and I had three glasses of wine trying to calm my nerves until I felt ready.

Ahem "Babe, I know that we have been through so much together and you are someone that I have never had to question their loyalty to me. I love you and I see a future with you,I know that I've f***** up in the past,but I swear that I will not make the same mistake again.All I want is you over and over again'

I stood up and went down on one knee,pulling the ring out of my pocket.

"Lori Harvery,will you marry me?"