12 -《LATE-NIGHT》

Rui was facing yet another sleepless night.

He really was trying to sleep more, he was! He even thought he was actually doing better recently, so...

It was just...

After Saki introduced her brother to the troupe...

"So you like theater, huh? Didn't expect that from you."

"Geh- what's that supposed to mean!?"

Rui shrugged. "You didn't seem like the type."

Tsukasa scratched the back of is neck bashfully. "Was it because I was kinda shy before? I can be loud! I can be confident..! My sister was just getting on my case about going outside more..."

"Relax, I was just messing with you. But, getting on your case about going outside more..?"

"...did I say that out loud?! Um, forget I mentioned it! Please."

Rui sighed. Tsukasa Tenma seemed like quite the sweet boy, despite the lack of going outside and touching grass.

He wanted to talk to him more. He wanted to go back and have more long-winded conversations about stage props and different plays and the fact it turned out they went to the same school and-

He wanted to see him again.

Rui's phone screen lit up, and he jumped in surprise.

"Hey, Rui!!"

He let out a breath. "Miku. What brings you here so late?"

"It's late?" She looked around his room. "Oh, it's dark out. Sorry! I just wanted to say hi, but you look really... not sad! Something similar to it, though. What's on your mind?"

"There's someone new I met..." he paused. "But it'll be I while before I talk to him again."

"Hmm.." Miku hummed, "do you have his number or something?"

"Hweh?...wait!" Rui got up and rummaged through the pockets of the clothes he was wearing the other day, before procuring a small piece of paper from it. "He gave me his Nightcord contact info!"

"Go for it, Rui!"

"But..." Rui grimaced, "he's probably asleep by now. I wouldn't want to bother him."

"But what if he IS awake? You never know!"

"I wouldn't want to wake him up with the notifications."

"Well, what if he doesn't have them on? There's a lot of what-ifs here. I say go for it!"

"Right. Thanks, Miku."

"No problem!" With that, she disappeared.

RK: tsukasa

Hoshi: hi

RK: it's rui are you awake

RK: o

RK: didn't think you would be

Hoshi: eh I don't have the best sleep schedule

Hoshi: how about you??, why are you awake

RK: dont have a good sleep schedule either lmao

Hoshi: twinning 🤩🤩

Hoshi: but why are you textong me then shouldn't you be trying to go to sleep

RK: could say the same for you

Hoshi:...touche

Hoshi: well its  just the two of us here with our bad sleep schedules and the inability to  fall asleep

Hoshi: i compose music sometimes do you want to see 

RK: !!!!

RK: YES

RK: SEND RN