Volume 1 Episode 8: Players and Pieces

The opening ends with the sight of Weiss Schnee and Ruby Rose hanging on to something very feathery and very fast, as evidenced by the loud wind and the two being blown sideways. They were riding on the talons of a nevermore.

 Weiss: (shouting to be heard) Ruby! I told you this was a terrible idea!

Ruby: (also raising her voice) We're fine! Stop worrying!

Weiss: I am so far beyond worrying!

Ruby: In a good way?

Weiss: In a bad way! In a very bad way!

Ruby: Well, why don't we just jump?

Weiss: What are you? Insane?!

She is met with silence; Ruby has already disappeared.

Weiss: Oh, you insufferable little red-!

Down on the ground in the Abandoned Temple, Blake Belladonna is still staring skyward and pointing for Yang Xiao Long, Adora Weaver, and Catra Weaver to look up after "The Emerald Forest, Pt.2".

Yang: girls, did you hear that? What should we do?

Ruby: (falling right towards them, finally getting Yang's, Adora's and Catra's attention) Heads uuuuuuuup!

Just as she's about to hit the ground panicking, Joan Arc comes flying through the air and crashes into Ruby, knocking her off course and sending them both into a tree to the left of where The four girls are standing. Ruby is dazed by the rough landing (as evidenced by the cutesy Beowolves and stars circling her head).

Ruby: Oohhhh... What was that? (the dizziness passes when she shakes her head)

Joan: Eh-hem! (Ruby looks up to see Joan hanging upside-down in a tree branch above her) Hey, Ruby...

Blake: (back on the ground, looking at the tree) Did your sister just fall from the sky?

Yang: I...

Adora: Catra... What did I just witness?

Catra: I... I honestly don't know...

Before Yang could continue, several crashing noises are heard in the forest ahead of them, and an Ursa comes out, claws swiping, just as a pink blast of energy hits it in the back and it crashes to the ground, depositing its rider.

Nora: YEEEE-HAAAAW! (rolls off of the creature's back, then gets up and groans, saddened) Awwww... It's broken. (she dashes onto its neck and observes the carcass as Rin comes up behind her)

Rin: (panting and leaning on the monster) Nora! Please... Don't ever do that again. (She looks up again and notices by the pink dotted outline of where her partner should be that Nora has run off again, and looks around frantically)