Music (Natewantstobattle X Reader)

I finished singing I Don't Care by Fall Out Boy and smiled to myself. I just have to edit all the parts of the song together, then I can post the song to any music platform and YouTube.

Music is basically my life. I make it, listen to it, and will cover songs, too. I enjoyed video games, and I would base songs off the video games I played.

It didn't take long to edit the video. Only a few hours. Once I finished the editing, I decided that the fans waited long enough. I uploaded the video. I usually post every two weeks, but I will sometimes post multiple times within the two weeks.

Immediately after it posted, views started up. With 1.1 million subscribers, views do come in quick. I mostly inspire music based off of rock and punk songs, but I will sing pop songs depending on what the fans want to hear.

I don't usually cover songs from artists that I really love, like Natewantstobattle. I might get tired of the music then, and I don't want that.

About 4 hours later, I decide to check how the video is doing. I have around 899k views, and a lot of comments. I look through the comments, the first one being from the one and only, Natewantstobattle.

NateWantsToBtl- I can never wait for another song done by Y/YT/N I would love it if I wad able to feature Y/N in one of my songs.

I nearly fall back out of my chair. He wants to collab with me?!?!? The person that inspires me is a fan of mine!! I never thought he even knew who I was!

After a week of talking over phone, Nate and I were finally able to meet up. He had ideas, lots of them, when he was speaking over text.

I walked into the restaurant that he invited me to and saw him. Nate appeared to be dying of amazement. I somehow managed to hide my excitement, but it was extremely difficult.

"So, I want to make sure that you and I are equally singing the song," Nate explains. I nod along as he continues, noticing that he is much cuter in real life. His voice is much more soothing, too.

"Okay? What type of song should we do? A cover? Fan song?" I ask, looking at the window by the seat.

"Maybe we could recreate one of my previous songs! We don't have much time, since you gotta leave LA in two weeks." He was right. There wasn't much time. "Now, what song should we do?"

"Honestly, I would love to do Dream Alone or Branded."

"Let's recreate Dream Alone!" He says, looking away slightly. I remembered what the song was about and my face feels hot. Nate's face was slightly pink.

~Time Skip~

A few days later, after brainstorming the parts, we were finally recording. A/N- I put the lyrics because it helps add onto the story. Now enjoy, I guess, and I advise you listen to the song!

Nate, Y/N, Both
I know I said I'd keep my distance
But you're becoming an addiction
You gave me a taste, can't stay away
So much shit going on in my brain
Now I can feel you moving
I know that this could get confusing
I don't know the goal, but you're in control
Give me direction for playing my role

I'll ride with you all night
A picture-perfect site
Now maybe I can't make you mine
So I'll enjoy our time

When will I say goodnight?
Let me if I'll sleeping alone
Don't deny it takes you high
Are you in or am I taking you home?
Our reason forever
Was I drunk or did you get inside my head?
When will I say goodnight?
You should know
Don't let me dream alone

I really know that I should relax
But without you, I'm in a relapse
Yeah, when your away
I shiver and shake
You're a bad idea and I need you to stay
I need to feel something
But you just leave me wondering
But you can't deny when sparks start to fly
Are you down to throw out you and I?

I'll ride with you all night
A picture-perfect site
Now maybe I can't make you mine
So I'll enjoy our time

When will I say goodnight?
Let me know if I'll be sleeping alone
Don't deny it takes you high
Are you in or am I taking you home?
Our reason forever
Was I drunk or did you get inside my head?
When will I say goodnight?
You should know
Don't let me dream alone

I can't stay away, you're killing me
I can't help but think you're feeling me
I can't stay away, you're killing me
I can't stay away
I know I said I wouldn't miss this
But I'm officially addicted
But you can't deny when sparks start to fly
I'm not ready to drop you and I

When will I say goodnight?
Let me if I'll sleeping alone
Don't deny it takes you high
Are you in or am I taking you home?
Our reason forever
Was I drunk or did you get inside my head?
When will I say goodnight?
You should know
Don't let me dream alone

I can't stay away, you're killing me
I can't help but think you're feeling me
I can't stay away, you're killing me
I can't stay away

I looked at Nate once we finished recording. I send him a wide grin, "We sound great together!"

"Of course we did! We are the perfect duo," Nate returns the smile and speaks with such confidence. I look away, hiding the blush starting to form on my face. I sense Nate move closer to me and he speaks in a lower tone, "Don't hide your blush from me. I already know you like me more than a friend. I feel the same way towards you."

I turn my head back and make eye contact, "You're kidding, right?" He shakes his head and smiles, his face just as red as mine. Nate leans in, his lips gently touching mine.

Nate pulled away, "Can you stay in LA with me? So we could, um... be a couple? We could make more songs together, hang out more-"

"You don't need to ask me twice. Where I am has nothing going for me. LA has you." He smiles and kisses me again, smiling slightly.

"Thank you."