Aftermath

"Statements"

'Thoughts'

Side Notes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your......father?" James asked.

"You know him quite well as Giovanni."

"YOUR FATHER IS THE BOSS??!?" exclaimed the trio in unison.

The redhead nodded. "Yes, and if you live up to the reputations you've built against Rocket's competitors, you should know where he's currently based."

Meowth stood proudly. "Son or no son, Giovanni's the boss and we don't rat on the boss!"

"Yeah, we'd never betray him!" Jessie and James raised their fists in compliance, causing Pelipper to lose some balance.

"Figured I'd find some resistance. Let's try this instead: The prison is only a couple of miles in that direction," he pointed far into the direction they just passed, "I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate being sent back to your cluttered, untidy bunks."

They gasped in horror. "You wouldn't dare! Scoundrel!"

"It's not like Giovanni cared enough to save you. Chances are he's on his way to find someone to replace your positions, I'd never imagine my father acting otherwise." His face contorted into a look of disgust when he said "father".

The boy eased himself. "I'm giving you a chance. If your knowledge could really help me track him down, I'll let you walk away with your freedom. I'm kinder that way."

They considered his words in earnest. While he had a point, they still had years of loyalty owed to their employer.

"Give us a minute," said Jessie.

"Okay, he's our safest bet for the time being," James muttered. "Let's see how far his kindness can take us before we leave him in the dust."

Evil smirks plastered themselves on the trios' faces. "Roger that!"

"Crobat!" Silver's ride scowled. The Rockets and their birds jolted back in fright.

"W-what's wrong with your purple friend over there?" Jessie asked.

Silver responded to his Pokemon's distress with a stern interrogation. "Crobat's hearing is exceptional. If it's this agitated, you must've said something it didn't like. Spill it: What did you say?"

"Nothing, we swear! Right James?" Meowth looked desperately towards his ally.

"Of course, we're totally not planning to double-cross you! Or anything like tha-OW!" The blue Rocket stopped when his pink-haired partner pulled tight on his ear.

"We weren't supposed to reveal that moron!"

Silver facepalmed. "What am I going to do with you three? I guess even the best slip up from time-to-time. I'm not trying to hurt or threaten you. Just tell me what I want, and you're free. The loyalty is admirable, but that's all for naught. The man you pledge loyalty to will discard you on a whim. Just like he did to-" He was trudging through volatile emotional territory. His face fell into a grimace now. "Just like he did to my mother."

"Mother?" The three asked.

"Never mind." Silver brushed his bangs over to hide his eyes. "I'll ask you one more time: Will you help me?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outdoor seats at the local cafe seemed too casual of a spot to unveil such big news, but it's what Ash and Brandon settled for. As to be expected, Brandon displayed a whole array of demeanors as he reacted to the news, all mainly ones of dismay.