A Titanic Struggle/The Man in Red

"Statements"

'Thoughts'

Side Notes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Titanic Struggle

"I really wish we could've brought more of them," Chloe gloomed.

"I do, too, but the hospital only accepts a maximum of 10 Pokemon per person within its walls." Professor Cerise took his glasses off and wiped them with his lab coat's lapel.

Goh had acquired dozens of Pokemon. But of his entire lineup, only the selection of Cinderace, Drizzile, Grookey, Scizor, Raichu, Absol, Arcotozolt, Boldore, Flygon, and Darmanitan, were permitted within the hospital, the rest had to remain at the lab with Chrysa and Ren. They'd been informed of Goh's incident at the lab. And the second they made it to the hospital, each burst out of their Poke Balls to see their trainer in his room. Serena was overjoyed to see how much Goh's Pokemon really cared for him.

After they all had their moments to cry for their trainer, Ash requested them to meet him down outside the lobby where there was more space. There, he was able to make a minor announcement. "I want you all to take good care of Goh. I'm gonna be going somewhere and I want you all to be there for him. And when he wakes up, just be sure to let him know how much you all love him."

A few somber goodbyes from the Professor and Goh's Pokemon and the trio of young trainers finally set off with their Pokemon. They said all that they wanted too. It was time for Ash to get back on the tracks of his World Coronation ambitions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 minutes later

"Sooo........this is the building?" Chloe suspiciously asked. The address Conway had given them led to an old, abandoned building. It looked as though it hadn't met entry since wheelbarrows were born. The exterior could only boast planks of wood hanging from its windows and the usual ghost types who'd seek occupancy in darker spaces.

"Maybe it looks better from the inside!" Ash put forward, his enthusiasm for the Battle Gathering blinded him from the repulsion his companions were feeling. The statement he'd previously made was proven wrong once they'd entered the structure. Delphox lit up a flame at the tip of its wand to shed some light around the interior, revealing the mess of a house.

The group led in and approached with caution. Every creak was another point towards the fear factor. To make matters worse, they felt an intense tremor reverberate through the ground. They huddled together in a corner and waited for the rumbling to stop. Chloe clutched Eevee for dear life. As per usual under these situations, Serena's eerie imagination ran wild. "Maybe the ground was shaking from all the departed souls coming from the ground to attack the living!"

"Gah! Stop that!" Chloe demanded.

"Sorry."

Inattentive to the situation at hand, Pikachu looked down past the dark corridor. A conspicuous yellow tail stuck out from beyond the corner. It disappeared into the hallway subsequent to where they currently stood, alerting Pikachu. It leaped from Ash's shoulders and proceeded to give chase.

Ash wasn't too enthusiastic about his starter's departure. "Pikachu! Hey, where you going??"

The group pushed aside their fear of the property and pursued the electric mouse, who seemed more determined than ever to catch its target. It resorted to utilizing Quick Attack for more speed. Whoever this figure was, Pikachu didn't fear it in the slightest. On the contrary, it felt warm, almost as if it was an old friend - that's why it had to find out. With a final, great jump, Pikachu shot forward and came face to face with its opponent.