The Barista

Halilintar X Yaya

"Drink for Yaya and Boboiboy!"

Yaya went straight to the counter to receive their drinks upon hearing their names being called.

"Thank you," Yaya smiled.

As she was about to grab the drinks, the barista accidentally, or intentionally you might assume, touched Yaya's hand briefly causing her to gasp a little. This made her quickly pull her hand away in reflex.

"Oh sorry about that," he smirked apologetically.

Yaya was slightly confused at the tune he used but shrugged it off with a nod and carried their drinks to where Boboiboy was seated.

'It wasn't a coincident that he did that. He did it yesterday, and the day before as well,' Yaya wondered to herself.

As she reached the table, she sat down handing Boboiboy his cappuccino and took a sip of her asian dolce latte.

"This cafe is quite lovely isn't it? I've been coming here everyday this week and it's one of the best cafes out there," she remarked.

Boboiboy, however, stood silent taking a sip of his own drink.

"How's the cappuccino? Better than your usual?"

"Nah," he finally spoke, which left Yaya a bit dissapointed. "It's too sweet,"

She took a better notice at Boboiboy's posture, his eyes and the way he spoke. Definitely what she presumed.

"Why are you in Halilintar mode?"

This made Boboiboy's eyes slightly wider as he didn't expect that she would guess that his personality and demeanor changed.

"How did you know?"

"It's obvious silly. Out of all the Boboiboys, you're an expert at coffees and of course it would be you to judge a good cappuccino. And besides, you seem angrier than usual. Did the cappuccino really tasted that bad?" she asked.

Halilintar leaned back to his seat and nodded slightly. "Why else do you think I'm angry?"

"Is there another reason?" Yaya genuinely asked, feeling confused.

Halilintar gave a little 'tch' before glancing to the side, crossing both of his arms.

"Oh come on, Hali. What did I do wrong?"

"It's not you, dummy." he looked back at her. "It's him."

"Him?"

Yaya looked around the cafe, wondering who Halilintar was referring to.

"Take a good look at the counter."

Yaya glanced at the counter only to be met with a pair of eyes staring directly into hers. Then, she noticed that the barista she had conversed with before quickly averted his eyes and blushed in embarrassment.

And a sudden switch clicked on Yaya.

Jealousy? Could it be?

She looked back at him with one eyebrow up. "The barista?"

She guessed she was right as Halilintar glanced away again, this time more unnerving.

"Oh Hali. What are you? A child?" she laughed.

She lifted her right hand and pointed to her ring finger that had a shiny, golden ring on it.

"Am I not already your fiancee?" she smiled.

Halilintar huffed unsteadily. "I don't like the way that dog stares at you like you're a piece of dangling meat. It's disturbing,"

"Maybe you just think that way, dear." Yaya tried to reassure.

"You really think so?" he shot back.

Actually, Yaya herself also had her doubts. She already had been speculating that the barista's act was different whenever she came and took advantage of touching her, even if it means little touches like giving her change or drinks. And she wouldn't lie, it made her uncomfortable most of the time.

Suddenly, the same barista that has been bugging her thoughts appeared beside her and seemed to linger beside her for no real reason. She truly thought it was weird.

"Umm, do you need something?" she awkwardly looked up at him.

The barista simply shook his head and smiled at her. Yaya found it incredibly creepy.

He put his palm on the table and let go to be revealing a piece of paper containing a set of numbers.

Yaya immediately widen her eyes. How could this man be so brazen? She was in shock, disgust and disbelief. So it was true, all of her previous speculations turned out to be correct!

Before she had the chance to say anything, her fiance had grabbed onto the paper and used his thunderstorm powers in a high voltage to burn the paper, leaving it in ashes.

He gave the barista one of his signature deathly stares, one that was sure to pierce through your soul.

"Are you fucking blind?"

This time both of the barista and Yaya's eyes were wide open.

Halilintar grabbed Yaya's right hand showing the ringed finger to the barista.

"She's mine, got it? If you do, then kindly fuck off and don't bother her again," Halilintar openly pointed his middle finger at him.

He stood up and got closer to the barista.

The barista gulped in fear as he saw that the woman's fiance was someone definitely not to mess around with as soon as he saw those demeaning, red eyes gleaming towards him.

"If you don't, then I'm sure you know what will happen to you." Halilintar threatened.

At his last remark, the barista gathered all of his remaining courage and dropped his head down, leaving them. Most of the customers' eyes were already on them.

"Shit," he cursed as he didn't want to make a scene.

He sat back down, crossing his arms and saw his fiancee making an unreadable face.

'Damn, she must be mad,' he thought.

"Was that necessary?" Yaya spoke.

Halilintar scoffed. "What else did you want me to do? Sit here like an idiot while watching my soon-to-be wife being taken by some loser?"

Yaya's face slightly lightened up seeing him like that. She thought it was adorable that her fiance was jealous.

She grabbed both of his hand and clenched it gently, rubbing them with her thumbs.

"Thank you, dear. I appreciate it." she smiled, lovingly.

Halilintar was slightly taken aback and was overwhelmed with the look that she was giving right now. Geez, this woman will be the death of him. She sure knows how to douse the flame inside him. How could he stay mad? Even in Halilintar form he had failed.

He blushed, looking away muttering something inaudible but Yaya assumed it was something sweet.

"You... you're gonna kill me one day by being this cute," he said, grabbing her cheek with his palm, gently stroking it.

Yaya could only afford to chuckle and melted into his touch. His palm was so warm, she could fall asleep on it.

"It would be an honour to be the cause of your death," she playfully teased which earned her bright smirk from him.