Don't Cry

"Yaya?" he knocked on the door. "Can I come in?"

Upon hearing the three knocks, Yaya swiftly wiped the tears off her face and slowly responded. "Yes, darling."

Boboiboy entered the room calmly to see the surroundings of their bedroom completely dark and gloomy.

"Are you alright?" he asked, worriedly.

If it wasn't for the light that came from the half-opened door, he wouldn't have seen that his wife responded his question with a mere nod.

He walked over to the bed and sat down next to her.

"Sweetheart, you were crying... Weren't you?"

Yaya dropped her head down and shook it aggressively which earned a sympathetic look from Boboiboy.

He took in her face and cupped her fluffy, puffed cheeks.

"You don't have to hide it from me. I'm right here," he smiled.

This made Yaya bawl her eyes out again. Tears flowed down her cheeks like an endless river.

"Oh sweetie," Boboiboy gently wiped her tears away with his thumb. Then, he went in closer so their face were inches apart and started kissing her tears away.

"Don't cry, beloved."

Yaya immediately wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly so he won't ever let go.

The action made Boboiboy's heart melt. His wife was being too adorable for him to go unnoticed and responded the hug back.

"Was this about the thing the commander said before?" he suddenly asked.

Yaya could only afford to say silent which gave the indication that he was correct.

Boboiboy sighed heavily and started rubbing circles around his wife's back.

"It wasn't your fault. None of it was your fault." he reassured.

However, Yaya pulled back from the hug to look directly into his face. The eyes of hers were saying as if what he just said was a straight up lie.

"No, Boboiboy. I realised my mistake and I'm not ashamed of admitting it. But..." she tried to fight back the tears but they still kept rolling down.

"I... The commander..."

Boboiboy hushed her plump lips to avoid her from saying anything further. He had heard more than enough.

"It's okay, honey. It's over now," he softly spoke.

He carefully lied them both down into a comfortable position in bed where he rests her head on his chest and started playing with the gentle strands of her hair. Then, he kissed her forehead delicately, treating it as if it was the most fragile, precious thing in the world.

For his wife was definitely the most fragile and precious thing in the world.

"I'm right beside you, Yaya."