What happened? - Edrics pov

I was laying in my bed when I heard a loud knock on my door and a "EDRIC!" I knew it was mittens. And something was up. I get up and open the door. She barges in like it's her room. "What the heck mittens?! You could at least ask to enter." I say dramatically. She rolls her eyes as she sat on my bed.

I closed my door and turned to her. "What do you need?" I asked, genuinely curious. She gave me a worried look before speaking. "Well, Luz sent me something saying Hunter wasn't home yet, and Eda only saw him this morning. We don't know where he went or what happened to him. But Luz said her glyphs were messed with so she assumed he came home. And I remembered that you said you saw him at work earlier, so I figured you knew something." She explained quickly.

I looked at her, shocked. I barely understood what she said. "What? He's missing?!" I whisper shout. She nods. "I don't know anything, other than earlier he bought a bottle of water and mentioned he was walking around the woods and the market place" I spoke, pacing back in forth. "Luz said that tonight they are going to look and wanted to know if we would come." She said, not looking up at me. "Will Emira come?" I groan. She shakes her head. "No, I'd rather her not come."

~ They sneak out and go to the owl house ~

I knock on the door, making sure it's loud so they hear. I'm pretty sure they could see the worry in my face, because I could feel it. Luz opens the door. "Ohh! Hey sweet potato!" She sang, although it did not sound happy.

We all left and split up, looking for Hunter. Luz and Mittens went together, while me, Eda, and King went together. "Earlier, today at the markets- he bought water and just said he was walking around here and the markets. He did mention something about he though a Coven scout, or guard, or Kikimora- or even Belos himself coming to get him!" I explained to Eda.

She nodded throughout out conversation, King wasn't even paying attention. He was just leading us. We were following behind him. I noticed that Eda was being very quiet, which is very unlike her. I pause for a minute, to let her speak. "Well- I actually thought of him as my child, like Luz. So him getting lost is like King getting kidnapped. And I've had King for years, so it's pretty understandable." She explained.

I look at her and sigh. "Can I confess something?" I say, my voice shakey. "Yeah, go for it kid," she says trying to be happy. "Well- I sort of.. maybe.. kind of.. like Hunter- like I have a crush on him," I confess. She gasped and turned to me, dramatically. "I never could have expected that!" She sarcasticly said. I just rolled my eyes at her.

"EDRICC!? EEEEDDDAAAA!!! KING??" We could hear Luz scream. She was close. We followed her voice until we found her and Mittens. They were next to the Conformatorium. "What are you two doing here?!" Eda whisper shouts. "We saw a window cell and- we saw Hunter in the window!!!" Luz and Mittens both say. "What?!" I shout.

557 words
Sorry for the wait, I had no motivation at all