She scoffs, "I had it handled." She sniffs.

"You had it handled? Okay sure. When I got here, what did you expect me to do? You think I was just going to keep letting him hurt you? Did you think I would just simply ask him to stop and he would? He doesn't give a shit about you Bella and you need to get that."

She starts getting angry too. "You don't understand Rico! You never understand!" She tries to avert her eyes from the unconscious man beside her.

Maybe she is right. I don't understand. I will never I stand how she could have loved a monster like him. He did unspeakable things to her and all she can say is that she had it handled. How the fuck does someone say that after getting choked against a brick wall?

If she had never came here in the first place, none of this would have happened.

"Arabella you weren't even supposed to be here tonight! I told you to fucking stay home. You never listen. You complain about how you don't want to be with Adam and deal with him but maybe if you just fucking listened than he wouldn't have beat you."

As soon as those last words leave my mouth, regret fills my heart.

It goes quiet and she stares at me stunned.

Fuck.

Fuck fuck fuck.

Why the fuck did I just say that?

I fucked up.

"W...What did you just say?" Tears leak down her cheeks and my anger is replaced with straight guilt.

"Bella..." I sigh and run my hands down my face.

"If I listened to him than I wouldn't have gotten beaten? How could you even-" she looks around as if she is trying to wrap her head around what I just said.

"Bella I didn't mean it-"

She stands up, her hands against the wall to help her stand.

"I listened. I always listened to him. I did his every task, you hear me? I did everything he wanted, I let him do whatever he wanted to me." My heart hurts when she says her last sentence.

What did he do to her?

"I..." she lets out a sob before continuing, "I was never enough for him. He did unspeakable things to me and even if I listened or not, he still would have hurt me." She cries out.

I want her to stop crying, I can't take it.

"I'm tired Rico. I'm tired of trying to listen. I just want to be there for you, and I can't even fucking do that without someone almost killing me."

My eyes widen at her cursing.

Her hands touch her neck and she winces. My eyes trail down and I feel guilt hit me even harder.

Her neck is painted with bruises and I can see the hand print.

This whole time I have been blaming stuff on her. I have been arguing with her, not even trying to actually pay attention to the fact that she is the victim.

She is the one with the bruised neck. I was supposed to be there for her.

"Bella, Mi amore..."

I walk towards her, wiping my hands on my pants before pulling her waist towards me.

I never paid attention to how she had to depend on the wall to stay standing, or how her hair is a mess, or how she put on makeup just to watch me tonight.

"I'm sorry." I brush a piece of hair out from her face.

Tears well in her eyes and she looks away.

"I didn't mean anything I told you. I swear. I-I can't even fathom how I could even say those things."

"I care for you, so much. And I am sorry I wasn't here when you needed me to be." I cup her face in my hands.

I bring my face down to her and kiss her, hoping that she can feel how much I'm sorry.

I love her kisses.
—————————————————————————