Three

Comment and vote !!

ARABELLA

I snuggle into my hard pillow.

The comfy hard pillow...

Wait.

Since when are pillows hard?

My eyes open and I try to get up but a heavy arm around my waist hoists me back down. What the heck?

Then I remembered what happened yesterday and I look up at the man.

What was his name again?? Wait- did he even give me his name.

I poke his arm to wake him up. He doesn't budge.

I poke it repeatedly and he groans, "Nonna... Stop..." he grumbles and I giggle. I'm not his grandma.

He hears my giggle and he peels an eye open. I stop giggling.

He realizes the position we are in and we scramble away from each other. Does this count as cheating?

Panic rises, oh no, I am a whore aren't I? This is why he hurts me.

"Okay?" He hesitantly says and I feel sobs rack through me. His eyebrows rise a little bit and he awkwardly stands there as I cry.

"I cheated didn't I?!" I cry and he shakes his head with scrunched eyebrows. I'm such a bad girlfriend.

"If anything, he's the cheater..." he mumbles under his breath and my breathing stops. What?

"What did you just say?" I look up at him with a red face and teary eyes. I don't think I was supposed to hear that.

"Nothing, I was joking." He says and I sigh out in relief. Good.

I check the time, 5 am.

Adam is probably still sleeping. He doesn't go to work until 1 pm. In fact, I have to call in to explain why I wasn't at work yesterday.

"Hey mister, what's your name?" I fiddle with the bottom of my shirt and he looks down at that.

He stays silent and I start talking, "I was just asking because y'know, I kinda slept here and we don't even know each other's names. It's just really weird."

Heh... Awkward

"Rico"

Holy moly that was hot.

You have a boyfriend.

Right.

"Rico... I'm Arabella. But most people just call me Ar or Ara or just my full name." I shrug, he stares at me again and I fidget under his gaze.

"Hm... I'm going to call Adam." He turns around but I stop him.

"Wait! He isn't awake right now. It would be nice if you just drop me off by the beanery down the street from here." I say with a smile and he raises an eyebrow. A hot eyebrow.

Boyfriend.

Right.

"The cafe?" He asks and I nod my head, I have been working at the cafe ever since I was 18 years old.

"Uhh... Before we go... Is there a shower here?" I ask and he turns around to stare at me. Then, his eyes slowly trail down my body.

He sighs and walks towards me. He grabs my hand causing butterflies to appear and he guides me towards his bathroom. "Do you have clothes?" He questions and I shake my head.

I flinch when he starts yelling, "Jamie! Bring some of your clothes down here right now." He has a super loud voice, I shrink down a little bit.

He opens his bathroom door and I walk in and gently close it behind me. I start to slowly take off my clothes and frown when I look at myself in the mirror. Adam would be so disappointed in me.

My thighs are too big, I don't have an hourglass figure, I have hip dips, scars and bruises litter my body, I practically barely have a butt, and I have average-sized breast. Adam says that average is boring, he says that I'm boring. I don't know why he says stuff like that to me, knowing how sensitive I am.

Maybe he does it because he is looking out for me and wants me to be aware. Maybe.

After such a long moment of silence that I didn't even think was that long, a knock on the door causes me to jump.

"Bella? Are you okay?" I hear Rico ask from the other side of the door and I stand and stare at the solid piece of wood blocking us.

I look down at my body and I push the tears back, maybe this is why he hates me. Why my boyfriend hates me.

I am worthless and ugly. I always have been. Adam just helped show it.

I hear a knock again.

"I'm okay..." I whisper and I hear a faint, 'huh?' before heavy footsteps walk away.

I turn around and flip the handlebar so the water starts coming down. I stand to the side and look at my white painted nails as I wait for the water to warm.

When it's the right temperature, I do my business and make sure to extra scrub my hair since I haven't been able to take a shower at my home. Too scared if Adam might walk into the bathroom.

I step out of the tub and grab a black towel hanging on the rack. I wrap it around my body and look in the mirror again. The black is such a contrast to my usual bright colors. My strawberry blonde hair looks darker since the water fell against it and I see my natural curls forming.

I look around for a brush then remember that this is a guy's bathroom and Rico does not look like one to put effort into his hair. It just naturally sits messily on his head.

I search for a rubber band and pout when I realize he doesn't have one of those either. Gosh, he doesn't have anything.

I take the towel off and make sure not to look in the mirror as I scrunch up my hair, trying to dry it since he doesn't have a blow dryer either. I guess we are going curly today.

My red hair that usually is pin-straight - because Adam likes it - now falls against my upper back as my hair gets waves in them.

"Rico?" I gently knock against the closed doors and wait.

I call his name again and louder. The door handle rattles, showing someone is trying to open the door and I jump back. I go to grab my towel when I hear the door open.

I clutch the towel close to my body and I feel my body freeze when I look at who is in front of me.

"Arabella, baby... You have a lot of explaining to do."
——————————————————————————

Uh oh...