Ten

Make sure to comment and vote!

ARABELLA

I knew he would cheat, but seeing it first-hand feeling a hundred time more worse than what I imagined in my mind.

"I... What..." I was speechless, the embarrassment flooding through my veins.

Was I not good enough? Why was I never good enough for him? Why was I never good enough for anyone?

I watch as Adam rolls his eyes and wraps a arm around the beautiful model next to him. His dream girl.

"You know, at first, it was nice taking my anger out on you. It was convenient when I was having a bad day. I stopped loving you years ago." He shrugged like it was no big deal. Like we were no big deal.

I couldn't stop looking at them, they look so perfect together. They look better than we did.

"Adam... I..." I wish you could feel how my heart is breaking into a million pieces, I wish you could see the tears threatening to fall, I wish that we could've had what I thought we did.

"Ara- let me be honest for you. You are nothing. To me, you were just my punching bag and you never did anything right. You are a always crying, oh my God, you always cried. It was so pathetic. You were pathetic. You still are actually. That's probably why your mom stopped talking to you, or maybe it was because you practically killed your dad. Remember him?" My knees feel weak as I take in his yucky words.

"No wonder they left you, you are nothing but a burden. You ruin everything you touch." His harsh words fly at me like a hit in the face and I snap.

"I will never be good enough for you won't I? We were everything. I thought you loved me but I was wrong, I understand that now. You never understood how I felt, coming home after a long day of work just wanting to be loved and in your arms. But no, I came home to coldness and abuse. You were so abusive. And we were toxic. I know that now. I wish you and Lilly the best but I hope you will forever remain guilty when you realize what you lost."

I release all of my thoughts on him and watch as anger fills his veins. "God, you little bitch! Pack your things and get the hell out of my house you goddam whore!" He yells, causing me and Lilly to flinch. He walks up to me and slaps me in the face, making me fall against the ground.

He stomps towards me and kicks me in the stomach, in the face, on my arms, and on my legs. He yells profanities at me but I block them out.

I don't want to feel this anymore.

When he is finished, he backs away and spits at me.

"Leave! Pack your shit and leave!"

I slowly nod and look at the ground. I run upstairs to collect all of my things.

I hate him. I hate him so much.

I was never one to fully hate someone but after what I went through, I deserve this.

I deserve to feel mad. Mad at myself and mad at him.

I throw all of my things into a bag and pick up a picture frame of me and Adam together, him kissing my cheek as I have a big smile on my face.

Was it all a lie?

I throw the picture frame and watch as it shatters against the wall.

I continue packing until the room doesn't even look mine anymore. Just his.

I race downstairs with all of my bags and don't look back at him as I slam the door shut. Anger radiating off me.

I ignore the pain in my body that is still healing from when Adam beat me.

After I few hours of me walking on the streets, my anger is gone and all I'm filled with is pain.

My body aches as my legs wobble from walking, my body with fresh cuts.

I find myself by a store. A gas station I think.

I walk in as a ringing sound fills the place. There are only a few people in here.

I drag my feat towards the register and look up at the boy.

My body burns but my face shows no pain. It's just blank.

"Restroom?"

His eyes widen when he sees me in this state and he points toward a door. I give him a small thank you before dragging my body towards the bathroom.

When I enter the rusty bathroom, I go straight for the sink to clean my face.

I look in the mirror and is scared of my own reflection, I don't even look like myself.

My straight hair is messy and some parts are curled up while my face looks like a painted canvas. I have a bleeding lip, a cut open eyebrow, my cheek looks swollen, and my eyes show no happiness behind them.

I want that back, he can't take away everything.

I clean up my wounds, not even trying to check the ones on my body.

I drag myself out the bathroom and wave to the register man with a small smile. He was nice.

I walk out the store and see that the temperature dropped a little and wind as started. Great.

I continue walking to wherever my feat will take me. I don't have anywhere to live anymore so I will just walk until I can't walk anymore.

Can people die from walking too much?

I jump when a horn beeped and a black car pulls up beside me. I brush my strawberry blonde hair behind my ears as I turn to look at who is behind the window.

The car stops beside me and I stand there awkwardly. The person doesn't get out and I can't see through the black windows.

That is... Until I hear a familiar deep Italian voice.

"Bella?"
——————————————————————————