Chapter Sixty Seven~ Crumbling Away

"Ow, ow, ow, ow! Everything's been hurting this whole... Ow, ow, ow!" Asta shouted when he felt the piercing pain on his body. The plant magic user was using her recovery magic to heal the magicless boy.

"Are you all right, Asta?" Mimosa asked worriedly.

"That's what you get for being reckless all the time. Deal with it, " Noelle scolded with a huff.

"I cannot thank all of you enough. The devil's spell that had been cast in my time has finally been lifted." Lumiere admitted as he shifted his magic stone eye towards the three.

'By the power of another devil, oddly enough...' The prince thought while staring at the constipated expression of Asta.

'It's been a while since the seal has been broken, and you're just now feeling the pain? That's actually pretty impressive.' Secre thought in disbelief. 

Noelle finally takes notice of Lumiere and Secre as she leans closer to Asta. 

"Asta, who are these people?" She whispered in question.

"Is that person made of stone? He looks just like the statue of the first Wizard King. Oh, but his eyes..." Mimosa whispered to him as well.

'Yeah he looks like the statue I talked too...' Y/N sweat dropped.

"Who is he? That's the actual first Wizard King." Asta answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"What?!" Mimosa and Noelle gasped at the same time.

"You were awakened by magic, right?" The ash blond male asked with excitement in his voice. "I'll be an amazing Wizard King just like you someday!" Asta stated proudly before shifting his gaze towards Secre.  "And you're Nero, right?" 

"Huh? What are you talking about, Asta? How hard did you hit your he-" Noelle was interrupted by Secre's answer.

"I am." The seal magic user answered calmly.

"What?!" Mimosa and Noelle gasped in shock once again.

"You're... I always thought you were an amazing bird but you can turn into a human now, too? That's freaking awesome!" Asta immediately complimented her with excitement.

"I didn't turn into a human. I was a human, to begin with." Secre corrected.

'Called it...'

"What?! You should've told me earlier!" The magicless boy gasped in shock.

"I couldn't even talk until the Shadow Palace appeared." Secre reminded him. "More importantly, how dare you suggest that you could be like the prince?" She pinches his cheek.

"Hey! Stop doing this really familiar thing!" Asta complains while Secre keeps pulling his cheek harshly.

Noelle's eyes examine the human Nero. Her mouth agape on how cute she is!

Y/N shifted her gaze to the First Wizard King who was already looking at her.

"To me, Wizard King is just a phrase. But thanks to you and your childhood friends, I now know that our ideals have been carried down to this era as well." Lumiere admitted. "Now... I wonder which one of them will become the Wizard King." He asked.

They give each other knowing looks.

It's an answer they both knew but choose not to say out loud.

The white haired female's smile disappears when she sees his body start to slowly crumble away.

Even though there are multiple cracks evident on his body, Lumiere was unable to feel anything at all. He was just a statue who is blessed to have some time to be able to unite and help the important people in his life.